Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Predator Integrated Into JACE 600?

Is it possible to easily integrate a Staefa Predator (LON), originally tied to a Talon R2, into an AX JACE 600?
    TIA,
    jogas
    Jogas
    Four wheel therapy, my 1968 Camaro is gone and will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by jogas View Post
    Is it possible to easily integrate a Staefa Predator (LON), originally tied to a Talon R2, into an AX JACE 600?
    TIA,
    jogas
    Should be no problem.
    The Staefa 'wizard' on AX is just a donk graphic. I could send you one if you would like it.

Quote Originally Posted by NINAX View Post
    Should be no problem.
    The Staefa 'wizard' on AX is just a donk graphic. I could send you one if you would like it.
    Please do.
    Thanks.
    jogas
    Jogas

If it's commisioned R2 can't you just find it and learn points? It was easier for me to commision Steafa in R2 than AX, but things may have changed in the last year.

Quote Originally Posted by ebusch View Post
    If it's commisioned R2 can't you just find it and learn points? It was easier for me to commision Steafa in R2 than AX, but things may have changed in the last year.
    I'm hoping that is the case.
    At this point, I'm gathering info on what is possible.
    Job has not started yet.
    Thanks for the reply.
    Jogas

I just talked to one of my former co-workers last week if you have issues I can quiz him. I got out as my old company was getting into AX. What controller is it ?

I just talked to one of my former co-workers last week if you have issues I can quiz him. I got out as my old company was getting into AX. What controller is it ?
    4 Loop Predator installed 2-3 (?) years ago onto a Talon R2.
    Thank you.
    Jogas

That should not be too bad if you can just upload then the loops (PIDS) will be there you will have to recreate the programming. All they are is 4 PID's. Hope you have some idea as to what it was controlling and how. I guess I am assuming that the tech tuned loops at the card level.

That should not be too bad if you can just upload then the loops (PIDS) will be there you will have to recreate the programming. All they are is 4 PID's. Hope you have some idea as to what it was controlling and how. I guess I am assuming that the tech tuned loops at the card level.
    As I understand, the Predators are just I/O with no Loops used.
    Jogas

That is not true. The 4 Loop as the name indicates has 4 built in PID's If the loops are not set up then they can be used as I/O, I can't remember pricing to know if they would have done that (used as I/O). This is from memory but I believe Loop 1 is very slow acting and hard to tune, Loops 2,3 are easy to tune so I always used them for DX, heat, loop 4 is very slow and hard to tune so I used it for MA and programmed around it.
    Don't bank on that check the Steafa site, or let me know.

That is not true. The 4 Loop as the name indicates has 4 built in PID's If the loops are not set up then they can be used as I/O, I can't remember pricing to know if they would have done that (used as I/O). This is from memory but I believe Loop 1 is very slow acting and hard to tune, Loops 2,3 are easy to tune so I always used them for DX, heat, loop 4 is very slow and hard to tune so I used it for MA and programmed around it.
    Don't bank on that check the Steafa site, or let me know.
    I apologize for not being clear.
    I know the Predators have 4 Loops, but the Loops are not being used in this application. The Predators are being used for I/O purposes only.
    Jogas

Predators

jogas

You have to be careful when you are using AX 3.0 or >. However since your four loops were done in R2 there will be no problems, unless you add a new one.
    The four loop works well as a pid controller or dumb I/O.

G

Quote Originally Posted by GregF View Post
    jogas

You have to be careful when you are using AX 3.0 or >. However since your four loops were done in R2 there will be no problems, unless you add a new one.
    The four loop works well as a pid controller or dumb I/O.

G
    Are you referring to, if memory serves, the timing issue when using a Staefa device from the palette? Fix 1 being an additional slot added, Fix 2 being add a dynamic device instead of Staefa device?

And just for general consumption, AX is 3.0 and up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast