valor homeflame - i cannot turn it on !!!

valor homeflame - i cannot turn it on !!!

i have an old but was perfectly working valor home flame gas fire. the problem is i cannot turn the control dial on the top or press it down which releaes the gas. the control knob seems totally seized/brocken .what could of gone wrong !
    is there parts available still . i cant find the model number either but would imagine this control knob was standard on all homeflame models .
    any advise would be greatly appreciated

It is possible the valve has seized. Find a local dealer and either have them come look at it, or buy parts from them.

Have a qualified/authorized Tech look at it and repair it.
    I'll be there when I get there and not a minute later

Quote Originally Posted by jtp10181 View Post
    Find a local dealer and either have them come look at it, or buy parts from them.
    Good luck with finding parts, or a dealer for that matter. I don't believe Valor is any longer in buisness in North America, but I could be wrong.

If thats the case, a lot of fireplace brands use the same or similar valves and pilots, so a Tech that will work on any brand could probably fix it.

Thumbs up

thankyou for the advice guys - appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by blk View Post
    Good luck with finding parts, or a dealer for that matter. I don't believe Valor is any longer in buisness in North America, but I could be wrong.
    Valor dealers may be few in number but they are definitely still in business, and since it is a UK brand, is very popular in the UK. Here's the U.S. & Canadian dealer locator ....
    http://www.milesfireplaces.com/conta...lerlocator.php