Honeywell WEBS - Tridium Based
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Honeywell WEBS - Tridium Based

Is there a factory defualt password for this or am I out of luck as to getting into this system.

-V-

Quote Originally Posted by Vortech View Post
    Is there a factory defualt password for this or am I out of luck as to getting into this system.

-V-
    Yes.

thats extremely helpfull, yes to which part mate? that Iam out of luck or there is a default password?

-V-

Quote Originally Posted by Vortech View Post

-V-
    Oh, sorry. Yes and maybe, in that order.

opps
    Last edited by Vortech; 10-22-2008 at 11:01 AM. Reason: opps dbl post

Would you care to share more info m8? I have looked on Honeywells website and unless I am looking in the wrong spot they have less info on-line then my previous employer....

-V-

Hi Vortech,
    Check your e-mail.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
    Hi Vortech,
    Check your e-mail.

Thanks Guy's but I am still at a stand still....

Let me expand my problem - I have 2 control systems on site, 1 of which I have full control over - most of the controls is Siemens the "remote" site was installed a few years ago and awarded to another company they installed Honeywell Lon controllers in the field with a Honeywell branded Tridium supervisory controls and a websupervisory workstation on the main campus, well the control company HQ in Boston Ma closed it's RI "branch" (2 guys) and we have been unable to get them to respond to calls for service-- What I would like to do is use my training on JCI and Siemens to learn this other control line myself or we will just have to replace the Honeywell Webs with JCI or Siemens - But I dont really know what software I need to buy and can I salvage the exsisting Database as I can not open the station due to no P/W or do I buy the software and start from scratch if thats the case replacing it with an NAE and ADS become much easier for me.

-V-

or we will just have to replace the Honeywell Webs with JCI or Siemens

1st question is there a web supervisor?? PC with AX software?? "If" so I'll get you into the platform and the station, no problemo

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthingt View Post

1st question is there a web supervisor?? PC with AX software?? "If" so I'll get you into the platform and the station, no problemo

there is a PC with what pops up is Honeywell WEBS
    here is what I have in my start programs menu :

Niagara: ADMIN, CONSOLE, WEB SUPERVISOR, admin tool, JAVA desktop environment, JAVA desktop environment (alarm), install naiagarad.exe

In web Pro I can view a file under "stations" called config.db.new that shows users and passwords and other config info but P/W are encrypted or in some form of hex???

Thanks for any help, I hate to junk a system for lack of knowledge and/or good service

First lets see if we can get you into the platform level....

open up your start menu, go to Niagara/Honeywell/ whatever it is, expand that and select install platform daemon,,, a little window should pop up, say some stuff and disappear.....

Go Back to the start menu and select web pro/web station

I would assume since this is in service that you should see a Jace(s) with an IP addy? IF so right click on the IP addy and select open platform, try the default login user: honeywell pass: webs OR user: tridium pass: niagara All lower case...

This is the first step to getting you in, should this not work, no fear there is another way but you must be able to directly connect to the Jace.

This is via the shell mode, you will move a jumper and make a connection through a hyper terminal connection, from here you can reset the platform login info back to its default state

Let me know when you get this accomplished and I will get you into the station as well.

There is some docs BTW, in C>Honeywell or Niagara>3.something>docs these should help out a lot !!!

Here is the shell info,,,,

To connect to the JACE serial system shell

To connect to the JACE's system shell using a serial connection, do the following:

Connect the necessary serial cable and adapter between the JACE's RS-232 port and the RS-232 COM port you are using on your PC. See "Items needed for serial system shell".

On your PC, start HyperTerminal. From the Windows Start menu, this is typically Programs->Accessories->Communications->HyperTerminal.

In the "Connection Description" dialog, type a name for this session.

For example: Jace serial shell

Click OK.

In the "Connect to" dialog, use the "Connect using" drop-down list to select the COM port you are using on your PC, for example COM1.

Click OK.

In the Comn Properties dialog, choose the following settings:

Bits per second: 57600 (note: if a JACE-2, select 115200)

Data bits: 8

Parity: None

Stop bits: 1

Flow control: Hardware

Click OK. The HyperTerminal session is now set up.

On the JACE circuit board, locate the 4-pin Mode connector and put a 2-pin jumper on the topmost pins. See "Mode connector" for more details.

With your HyperTerminal session active, unplug the JACE's 6-position power connector from the circuit board, then plug it back in.

After some number of seconds, text should appear in the HyperTerminal window similar to:

Press any key to stop auto-boot...

Do not press any key, wait for the login prompt.

If you did press a key to stop auto-boot, select option 1 (Boot from on-board nand flash).

At the login prompt, enter the platform user name, and at the password prompt, the platform password. See "Platform daemon credentials" for factory-default values.

The system shell menu appears. See "About JACE system shell menu".

When finished making platform changes from the serial system shell, do the following:

Remove the 2-pin jumper from the JACE's 4-pin Mode connector, or place back in "normal" position.

From the system shell menu, select the Reboot option.

Type "y" at the "Are you sure you want to reboot [y/n]" prompt, and press Enter.

Shutdown-related text appears in the HyperTerminal window, and then the connection is dropped.

Press the Disconnect button on the HyperTerminal tool bar.

Exit from the HyperTerminal application, selecting to Save if you wish to reuse this setup again.

Let me know, when you have made it this far

Crap, copied and pasted "not" enough.....

See "Platform daemon credentials" for factory-default values.
    During the boot up of the Jace in the shell mode, you will see a prompt for setting the login credentials back to the default, Do This !!!

Thanks Chris, the passwords do not work on the webpro, so it looks like tommorrow I will see if I can get into (alot of trouble) the Jace directly and reset the p/w... thanks for your help the way you guys talk about the tridium stuff, I figure it cant be that bad...

-V-

what else might i need to buy for sofeware to maintian this stuff?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast