+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MAK

Post Likes

MAK

Someone please suggest me an alternative for TAC XENTA OP, Is there any option to switch from OP to some other display panel for control & monitoring and definitely supporting FT10.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    I used the L-VIS on a FT-10 network and it worked out pretty good. There is a bit of a learning curve to set it up but once you get the hang of it it's not too bad.

Post Likes
    If you want to get the LON variables out on this controller, the L-VIS works great. When you order it you can switch between IP852 or FT-10. It also has a built-in VNC server for remote operation from one user.

The device can also be RNI for you and contains full AST functions with an email server.

I'm the US rep so send off an email if you want more information.

Post Likes
    Which OP are you talking about? The hand held OP or the touch screen?

Also what does MAK mean in your subject line?
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    My 5 yr old son "Dad, Siri is not very smart when there's no internet."

Post Likes

Mak

Crab, i am speaking about TAC Xenta Operator Panel, And sysint the main issue of switching from TAC Xenta OP to another display and control panel is: It goes quite expensive if clients asks for individual OP with every controller on standalone basis. You may imagine if i have 30-40 controllers with OP how much prices would be! I am kicked off.
    As stated by "Undercontrol" @
    http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....ighlight=L-vis, i agree i cannot bear to have expensive soluution.
    Sysint about which company you are speaking about, offering Lon devices?

And Crab mak is "Mohammad Asif Khan" hope fits you.

Post Likes
    Why not add a Xenta 511? You can get a lot more data and view it on any computer within the network and more.

Also TAC Xenta series has at least two operator panels - The original OP and the OP1500.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform

Post Likes
    3 - OP, OP7 & OP1500

Post Likes
    I cannot attach the OP7. The file size is just above the limit.

Also you could provide one/two of the low end OP's and just tell them to take it and plug it in where they need to; however, a 511 or different interface would be much, much better, unless the controller has an extremely simple program.
    Last edited by crab master; 10-23-2008 at 12:47 AM.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by makkhan View Post
    ...And sysint the main issue of switching from TAC Xenta OP to another display and control panel is: It goes quite expensive if clients asks for individual OP with every controller on standalone basis. You may imagine if i have 30-40 controllers with OP how much prices would be! I am kicked off...Sysint about which company you are speaking about, offering Lon devices?
    M Khan, I am the US Loytec rep. I suggest going directly to the Loytec web site for quote and information on product. You can download the LVIS configuration software and see what it takes to make graphics for LVIS and the LINX web server (same tool both devices, bacnet and LON)

LVIS does the following:
    AST functions w/email
    VNC server built in
    Graphical touch
    RNI
    bacnet mstp / IP852 / CEA-709

However, one touchscreen can satisfy many nodes of information plus you have VNC for some remote capability. Maybe this is helpful for you.

LINX is the webserver. You can email me and I can also send some basic information for explanation. Since LINX makes web pages with the same free software as LVIS, you don't need any web language knowledge to create web pages.
    Last edited by sysint; 10-23-2008 at 07:32 AM.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sysint View Post
    LINX is the webserver. You can email me and I can also send some basic information for explanation. Since LINX makes web pages with the same free software as LVIS, you don't need any web language knowledge to create web pages.
    I understand that you are saying you can use the free tool to make webpages on LINX, but how many pages and how much datapoints.
    Also how does the L-Web tie into all this?

Post Likes
    Amigo, The LINX is much like the JACE in that capacity is tied to use. Schedules, Trends, etc... take up space so that plays into things. Also, by design the LINX automatically creates OPC tags out of everything. By extension this means that structured variables become multiple individual OPC tags. I could recite some design data, but I'd rather count on some actual field information. Since they link together the short answer is if you run out of space you can get a second box... I'm working on practical limitations now.

* Hosts customized pages with dynamic content
    * Supports trending, scheduling, and alarming locally
    * Alarm notification via e-mail
    * Embedded OPC XML/DA server fully compliant with the OPC XML/DA standard
    * Supports up to 1000 OPC data points
    * Built-in Web server for device configuration
    * SNTP support for time synchronization
    * Built-in communication test
    * Status and activity LEDs
    * OPC status and activity LED
    * Network statistics information accessible through OPC data points
    * 12-35 V DC / 12-24 V AC supply voltage
    * 105 x 86 x 60 (L x W x H in mm) i.e. 6 TE
    * DIN-rail mountable

LWEB 800 is a free .net application. Basically it is a free browser. It has some nice features. You can make skins and also give it a widget-like look if you want (I liken it to some of the things that Vista does on PC's). Next step up is utilizing LWeb 801 is basically a tool to enable archive data logging for multiple LINX devices.

The concept is growing on me because it doesn't matter bacnet or LON you move to the OPC tags and there is your enterprise application or you can work within the LINX boxes and utilize local visualization and AST functions.

To compare, Tridium creates their own framework, Loytec lets you use your config tools and also lets you use whatever OPC platform on the other side. So, if you are enterprise you aren't tied to Loytec for everything, and if you are not utilizing enterprise you can link the Loytec servers without buying training, licensing, sales quotas etc... (NOTE to Trid guys: I'm not saying one is better than the other method, just different)

Post Likes

M.Khan

Crab, 511 means going on ethernet, and what i need is a local display for standalone system. Op1500 & OP7, i am looking at it and have requested to check prices.

Over here in Pakistan, Consultants, Contractors and end-users they do only what they were taught to do and perform. Here people are not well aware of the advance technology, even if you try to convince them that 1 display is enough for the whole system they would never agree. They want only what they have written in there specs.
    Also, HVAC controls is managed by the technicians after handover and they want the system like a piece of cake to handle. Consequently, they need ease of work, if standalone they want every single display panel with each controller. they don't want to surf through the display (like in Tac OP), what they need is a display same like in DX9100 & FX controllers by JC. I am sure you have worked on that or atleast you know.
    So this is the situation, if i go for 40 OP's i am a dead man. This is the purpose i was trying to check if any freely programmable display or something like that available in the market which coould be cost effective and be able to manage the AHU or whatever.
    Sysint, thankyou for the advise i would definitely check the prices and would download the software, in case i will come back to you.

Post Likes

M.Khan

I have an idea, Tac xenta is programmed through RS232, what if i can access the registers of that programmed controller and make my own display and access it through RS232 port located on TAC xenta controllers???
    Same way we do for Schneider electric's plc's like twido, zelio, PM500/800 we have registers available and we can import them on any other system.
    Is it possible to get memory map or register informations of Tac xenta controllers.
    What do you say guys.

Post Likes
    Take a look at the Distech EC-Display. No graphics except the 'splash screen' but will allow access to up to 500 points. Comes with built-in scheduler as well. Not real fancy but for individual controller acess it's a less expensive option. It will also read points anywhere on the FT-10 network.

Post Likes

M.Khan

Dapper, I know Distech very well as i worked on this brand in Saudia Arabia, infact i was the very first one in Riyadh (Saudia Arabia) to program and execute a project on their controllers. But my issue is not to select another controller, i am looking for a cheap solution for display, this is why i have also asked if memory map of Tac xenta controllers are available with anyone or any link to it.

Post Likes

Khan

I have a 451a module with 401, on that 451a I have water temp sensors 07 nos (not from TAC, they are from old installation) from them readings for 2-3 temperature sensors are not updating quickly so any suggestions.

Post Likes
    Do you know how to program in Menta?
    If you do then you need to check your filter times on your AI's for the points that are responding slow - anything greater than 0 will mean a slower response time, however you don't want it to respond too fast for numerous reasons so keep that in mind. Also are these the only points responding slow? If there are numerous others you may just have network issues.

Post Likes

Khan

Ok Crab, I Know Menta, i will try to check the filters.
    And yes i have sorted many things in ProjectBuilder now only remaining is that it does not contain stencils for Tac's latest field devices, till time i have only created a new field devices and assigned wiring terminals for it, and it seems to be working, but question arises how i shall indicate 24VDC and common which is suppose to connect in the field device section from xenta controller.
    For Air Handler now i need to know that will the flow diagram be auto generated or we have to make it manually by adding the detail page.

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in