Seems Ms Pelosi (speaker of the house) is not exactly clean herself...

Poster's note: This came across my email box. The information is documented in the link at the bottom for those that have to have proof of the truth...

Facts:

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi's home district includes San Francisco.
    Star-Kist Tuna's headquarters are in San Francisco , Pelosi's home district.
    Star-Kist is owned by Del Monte Foods and is a major contributor to Pelosi.

Star-Kist is the major employer in American Samoa employing 75% of the Samoan workforce.
    Paul Pelosi, Nancy 's husband, owns $17 million dollars of Star-Kist stock. ($17,000,000)

In January, 2007 when the minimum wage was increased from $5.15 to $7.25, Pelosi had American Samoa exempted from the increase so Del Monte would not have to pay the higher wage.
    This would make Del Monte products less expensive than their competition's.

Last week when the huge bailout bill was passed, Pelosi added an earmark to the final bill
    adding $33 million dollars for an "economic development credit in American Samoa ".

Pelosi has called the Bush Administration "corrupt". [ the pot calling the kettle black ]

She should know what "corrupt" is.

The Star-Kist matter was big news at the beginning of 2007, and the $33 million earmark was news last week.

Here are some links:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-120720-2734r/
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Once again another Snopes exclusive

http://www.snopes.com/politics/busin...ricansamoa.asp

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Poster's note: This came across my email box. The information is documented in the link at the bottom for those that have to have proof of the truth...

Facts:

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi's home district includes San Francisco.
    Star-Kist Tuna's headquarters are in San Francisco , Pelosi's home district.
    Star-Kist is owned by Del Monte Foods and is a major contributor to Pelosi.

Star-Kist is the major employer in American Samoa employing 75% of the Samoan workforce.
    Paul Pelosi, Nancy 's husband, owns $17 million dollars of Star-Kist stock. ($17,000,000)

In January, 2007 when the minimum wage was increased from $5.15 to $7.25, Pelosi had American Samoa exempted from the increase so Del Monte would not have to pay the higher wage.
    This would make Del Monte products less expensive than their competition's.

Last week when the huge bailout bill was passed, Pelosi added an earmark to the final bill
    adding $33 million dollars for an "economic development credit in American Samoa ".

Pelosi has called the Bush Administration "corrupt". [ the pot calling the kettle black ]

She should know what "corrupt" is.

The Star-Kist matter was big news at the beginning of 2007, and the $33 million earmark was news last week.

Here are some links:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-120720-2734r/
    Yeah, if she were a Republican she would be history and on her way to prison. They can get away with everything. It is unbelievable.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by The Malster View Post
    Once again another Snopes exclusive

http://www.snopes.com/politics/busin...ricansamoa.asp
    And yet again, we assume that snopes is always right... (NOT)

Hey, they are proven to be a liberal organization... What do you expect?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    And yet again, we assume that snopes is always right... (NOT)

Hey, they are proven to be a liberal organization... What do you expect?
    I guess its all in how you take it, some people tend to believe and pass on every bit of trivial garbage info they get in e-mail as the truth as well , On the other hand I think Snopes is more believable then random e-mail postings

Just the other day I had to print out a copy of the hoax going around about call list for cell phones , it was for my old cell phone provider's tech rep.

I tend to take it all with a grain of salt and just do my part and delete it rather then keep passing it along

I am waiting for Snopes to tackle this one to see what they come up with

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27310999/