Confused york ycal 0160 chiller gettin on my nerves!!

i got a york ycal at this machine shop and it is tripping # 2 compressor on mp/lp/hp saftey, i checked my pressure cut outs on high at 415 psi and low is at about 35psi. motor protection module is not showing a cut out on digital read out, sometimes it will cycle through at h 1,7 and the go back to normal which is the line chasing in a circle, on start up the compressor will start up and operate 275 disch, 66 suc, 53*dis sh, 13* suc sh at 80 % at step 75 on loading or full load, its really weird all the numbers shake out ok but it will be tripped out the next day. thinking motor protection module and also loose wiring kinda went through most of it today, well if any one out there has had any problems with these york chillers i would like to hear from you -- thanks patick

york

the motor sensors that embedded in the windings could be out of cal.
    check the start amps
    check actual amp draw versus fla read out on display
    is this wye delta or across the line start.
    check the setup of the mp rla dip switches
    also the mp should give you a fault code. try not to reset and check to see

Smile

hi airworx, yea this detla wye start and i did check start amps and operating verses panel read out and all checks there, that is what is funny about this mp module, it was showing code1 = unbalaned load,7= cant remeber right now nad was showing one more i think h,sorry for low info been a long day.i have 6 other job sites tha i have ycals on and have had some problems like this and it turned out to be suction tranducer, tried that today with no luck, because i was getting a 4 psi diff from panel to gauge,long shot but what the heck.on startup the timing on transition of contactors is the same as # 1 screw compressor. i do have a 1/2 watt 100 ohm resistor on + 5vdc line because these are replacement compressors, did both about 2 years ago,maybe resistor but that would show a 5=hi temp winding. iam heading back in the morning,it was athe end of the day type deal and you are right not to reset mp,but it was late.--thanks for gettin back to me--once i find out what up i will post.

I had similar issues on a York Screw last year that had us pulling our hair out, found the motor sensor terminals at the compressor were corroded and giving us intermittent motor protection faults, don't know if the scrolls could have the same issue though.

Smile

well it ended up being the 1/2 watt 100 ohm resistor that is inline to the common wire going to th motor protection module. replaced it and it started right up, well another one to try to remeber when it happens a year from now.thanks for you all input in to this problem ---ptrck