Thread: Andover i2865

Andover i2865

I don't expect to get alot of help on this proprietary stuff but could someone give me a "sequence of operation" type of run down on these highly secretive controls? How are set points accomplished?

Quote Originally Posted by air2spare View Post
    I don't expect to get alot of help on this proprietary stuff but could someone give me a "sequence of operation" type of run down on these highly secretive controls? How are set points accomplished?
    Do you have Continum software?
    "Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better"
    -Pat Riley

Quote Originally Posted by air2spare View Post
    Can you be a little more specific?

I was on a Liebert call today and my customer asked if I work on VAVs and have done a fair amount of pneumatics but know nothing about these controls. I told them to get a company who specializes with these controls but I'm interested to know how they work. There is a sensor on the wall but I don't see any means of temp setting.

There is no temp setting without the software, DDC defers from pneumatics in that it often takes more than a screwdriver and a hand pump to modify the sequence.

The i2865 is a VAV controller that has a built in damper actuator and onboard velocity transducer. It has a few universal inputs and some Triac form c relays. The programming is done using Plain English. Typically we customize a VAV sequence to meet the requirements or customers’ needs. If you have multiple terminal units with the same sequence you can copy the program.

As far as a giving you a sequence, that would depend on the type of VAV box (single duct, dual duct, cooling only, fan powered, parallel, series, hot water reheat, electric reheat etc...)

Typically the VAV will modulate the damper to maintain room temperature. Parameters are put in such as min/max CFM, K factor, occupied/unoccupied temperature setpoints. Depending on the VAV configuration it may take more primary air or return air, stage the heat etc... to maintain setpoint. Without knowing the exact type of VAV it is hard to give you the correct sequence.

Programming is done through Continuum software. There is a portable service tool you can use with a PDA called RoamIO to change setpoints or use for commissioning.

It is not that secretive.

thx TWISTED PAIR thats good to know...I find this stuff interesting but when it's proprietary I'm totally turned off, they act like a bunch of pompous asses'. As a customer I'd hate to know that I can't use the contractor of my own choosing but maybe that's just me. THANKS!

"Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better"
    -Pat Riley

Thanks WHEC. Is there an alternative to using the smart sensors? these fan powered,single ducted VAVs aren't wired to any building automation.