Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    just tell him you talked to me and I said I didnt hear anything from him
    From Codewriter

sysint, would ya like me to get you in touch with him?? email me if so...

Chris

Email in. The receptionist apparently flagged me and said he has no mobile and no vmail... must be really nice for him...

I don't think the AX Lon IP driver allows you to do Lon Routing, if that is what is being asked.

No. I'm looking if the JACE accepts an IP852 channel for network interface. Further I'm asking to be able to utlize the IP852 NIC from Loytec on it's USB port in the case of the JACE-6. If so you may be able to implement IP852 regardless of the Tridium license if you don't need the Echelon based CS and you can load the NIC software on the JACE. What OS is on the software JACE and the JACE-6? I guess lastly I'm asking if you can setup an IP852 channel within the JACE with a license or make the JACE an IP852 device.

You're not going to be able to load software onto a JACE-6: it runs a QNX OS, with no UI available (at least it's not documented...) If you went with something like the NXS, it runs Embedded XP (and loading software onto it is fairly easy - just get to the Windows desktop with RemoteDesktop); the softJACE, by definition, runs whatever Windows OS you load (not tested under Vista yet, so I wouldn't do that, but XP no problem).

Tridium states the the LON/IP is "LON over IP, using CEA-852, communicates through IP/LON router." Whether that makes the JACE an IP852 device or not is unclear, but if it follows the behavior of their LON-FTT driver, you can easily make the JACE a LON device detectable by others.

I don't think the USB port is enabled on the JACE-6, and since getting to the OS is not likely, you'd be better off pursuing this endeavor on a JACE with an OS you can work with - since you've been mentioning the softJACE all along, that's probably the direction you should be heading.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234