Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

AX device capacity

AX capacity questions. I get differing explanations on capacity for LON devices on an AX box. Is this completely dependent on available resources or are there other considerations? For instance, does the box always consider all variables from a node or is more like the ilon100 where you pick the variables you want to deal with?

I'd like to know a practical average of how many devices an AX box can handle.

Also, can you leverage a AX to utilize IP852 or is this a lost cause because the box is limited?

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by sysint View Post
    AX capacity questions. I get differing explanations on capacity for LON devices on an AX box. Is this completely dependent on available resources or are there other considerations? For instance, does the box always consider all variables from a node or is more like the ilon100 where you pick the variables you want to deal with?

Also, can you leverage a AX to utilize IP852 or is this a lost cause because the box is limited?

TIA
    What are you up to now?

I can guarantee you it is something...

I can guarantee you it is something...
    You must have lost your link to Niagara Central, so here it is.
    Niagara Central

And here's something cool that's coming out soon. I hope Dear Leader will allow me to own one.
    98B

TIA
    As of Revision 3.2 IP852 is a go.
    The white papers are at the bottom of the page.
    http://www.tridium.com/cs/library/ax_library

Does the box have enough physical capacity to make use of IP852? I'm thinking it doesn't.

Which kool-aid whitepaper talks about IP852? TIA.

Does the box have enough physical capacity to make use of IP852? I'm thinking it doesn't.
    Hmm. Why do you say that? You need to define "Box" as well.

Be careful, you're walking into a sysint mine field.

He's not after info.

He's thought this AX bash out 40 moves ahead.

nothing like that on this one NINAX. I'm just assembling some practical information on the product. I used to play chess as a kid and about the farthest I would get is 6 moves in advance... so crediting 40 to me is quite the compliment. Thanks

nothing like that on this one NINAX. I'm just assembling some practical information on the product. I used to play chess as a kid and about the farthest I would get is 6 moves in advance... so crediting 40 to me is quite the compliment. Thanks
    Never underestimate one's opponent. And I still say this is AX bash set-up, or at least you'll try.

Why don't you start out by posting the ilon specs that you are requesting for an AX.

Then expand on which platform & options the AX you want to try to bash should be.

...what's an ilon?

"And I still say this is AX bash set-up, or at least you'll try." Nope. Absolutely not.

Quote Originally Posted by freddy-b View Post
    Hmm. Why do you say that? You need to define "Box" as well.
    I'm trying to understand their architecture and the capacity of each product in a Lonworks network.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast