Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    I did an experiment a few years ago with a glass pickle jar and epoxied a lid with a 1/4" access ftg on it and put a shot glass 1/2 full of water in the jar,

I started friday night pulling a vacuum and by sunday a noon was at 200 microns, then shut off the pump to see the rise.....after 2 hours the vacuum rised to 300 microns, reason was the water was frozen solid at 75 deg. F and the shot glass was still half full.
    In a pickle jar, sure. If the vacuum pump is way oversized, I'm not surprised. If the system is 300 times bigger than a pickle jar, it will be different. Creating ice in the system by pulling a vacuum is of course possible, but in a real system?

Quote Originally Posted by Focko View Post
    In a pickle jar, sure. If the vacuum pump is way oversized, I'm not surprised. If the system is 300 times bigger than a pickle jar, it will be different. Creating ice in the system by pulling a vacuum is of course possible, but in a real system?
    Happens more then you would think......
    "Correct Installation is the Key"

.1 has killed more HX then Rush Limbaugh

What is your TESP?

Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    I did an experiment a few years ago with a glass pickle jar and epoxied a lid with a 1/4" access ftg on it and put a shot glass 1/2 full of water in the jar,

I started friday night pulling a vacuum and by sunday a noon was at 200 microns, then shut off the pump to see the rise.....after 2 hours the vacuum rised to 300 microns, reason was the water was frozen solid at 75 deg. F and the shot glass was still half full.
    Not to be a smart azz here....but doesn't this kinda make a good case for the triple vacuum??

Pull a vacuum...break with drying agent....repeat....

BTW...I wasn't really trying to tell everyone this is the ONLY way to do things, just showing that the proper tools and procedures can make things quick and easy...
    I need a new signature.....

Quote Originally Posted by weber View Post
    Happens more then you would think......
    Ok, point well taken, but do you think that the system holding the vacuum for x amount of time will show that? And how much would that X amount be, and what other variables are there to consider?

How do we know we have gotten water out of the system? What would you do?

The only reason I added what I did is for a certain person that thinks that they know-it-all when it comes to HVACR and I think they are full of crap.I enjoy seeing other setups because I always want to learn something and see a different way of doing things.
    Look to the past to learn;look forward to live.

Coach Dean E. Smith

I have got a question for the guys that use the Thermal vac gauges.I have found one that has not been used for sometime at my shop and I put batterys in it and tried to calibrate it and it won't calibrate.Do I need a new sensor to get it to work?

Coach Dean E. Smith

Quote Originally Posted by ChrL_Brann View Post
    I have got a question for the guys that use the Thermal vac gauges.I have found one that has not been used for sometime at my shop and I put batterys in it and tried to calibrate it and it won't calibrate.Do I need a new sensor to get it to work?
    Good question!! I have one of these also and cannot get it to work for the life of me...LOL
    I need a new signature.....

Is the gauge operating at all?

The sensor runs about a 100 bucks, that could be the problem...

What is your TESP?

The only reason I added what I did is for a certain person that thinks that they know-it-all when it comes to HVACR and I think they are full of crap.I enjoy seeing other setups because I always want to learn something and see a different way of doing things.
    certain "engineers" maybe lmao
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

certain "engineers" maybe lmao
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Is the gauge operating at all?

The sensor runs about a 100 bucks, that could be the problem...
    That is what I am thinking,got one ordered.When it gets here,we shall see!
    Are these things as accurate as you can get?That is what I have read/heard?If so I want to compare my 2 YJ's to it and see how it stacks up.It works,but just won't calibrate.The sensor has a 30.5 stamped on it and it won't get past 36.What you think Weber?
    Last edited by tarheel_tech; 11-10-2008 at 07:31 PM. Reason: added something

Coach Dean E. Smith

That is what I am thinking,got one ordered.When it gets here,we shall see!
    Are these things as accurate as you can get?That is what I have read/heard?If so I want to compare my 2 YJ's to it and see how it stacks up.It works,but just won't calibrate.The sensor has a 30.5 stamped on it and it won't get past 36.What you think Weber?
    I would replace the sensor.

Depending on what model you have they are a really good instrument!

I have tested many micron gauges and found the Thermal Engineering Vacuum gauge to be highly accurate and reliable. The YJ 69075 scored higher under different conditions, mostly very cold weather, but both of them I recommend.

What is your TESP?

I would replace the sensor.

Depending on what model you have they are a really good instrument!

I have tested many micron gauges and found the Thermal Engineering Vacuum gauge to be highly accurate and reliable. The YJ 69075 scored higher under different conditions, mostly very cold weather, but both of them I recommend.
    It is a model#14500

Coach Dean E. Smith

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast