Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SNVT Conversion

Rover only used on this project for MP580s since no plug in for it. The system
    has not BCU instead using an integration contractor and Tridium AX. I got the local Trane branch I work for to buy Circon Integrator and everything is bound and built on an LNS database. I find this works much better than Rover and actually prefer the Tridium over the BCU and Summit. I am new to Trane came from JCI and not real impressed with BCU, Rover or Summit so much more they could do especially with LON.

I currently have a similar job were we are using Programmed MP581 controllers and using Jaces as High level interface and tridium AX front end, we are currently experiancing difficultys building Lon network, we are using rover in active mode to asign DSN's and then configuring JACE on same subnet (subnet 11) is this the method you used or are you just using MP"s as dumb IO and all your programing is in the jaces

You would be much better served using the Jace to do all the comission and binding.

No MP580 all programmed in Rover passive mode. Then all bindings and remaining lon devices configured in Circon Network Integrator as LNS database. The integrator just put the AX on the trunk and did auto discover all showed up fine and no problems so far. The problem is the contract calls for us to do all bindings and system to be completely stand alone before the integrator came online. He plans to rebind the network once we have been given a seal of approval from engineer. The only problem is you need to use a program like newron nl ultilities to change dsn numbers. I have DSN A as 1 length domain 11 and DSN B as zero and domain 2 this allows the jace and rover to both work on the network just do not put Rover in active mode or you destroy the network. The problem with Rover and most Trane software is that it does not like to work with anything but Trane and the overall attitude is who cares if you want it to work then buy all Trane. It took a lot of testing and talk for me to get our management to go this route but it is working fine and the integrator is telling me of all the jobs he is doing on this project with many different controls companys that this one is working the best.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12