Central Ac Replacement Payback

Central Ac Replacement Payback

I have a 21 year old Rheem Central AC No heat which was installed in 1989 Unit for the most part has been problem free other then 1 or 2 run capacitors and 2 hard start kits never a freon leak original freon. I was thinking about replacing it but my question is how long am i looking at to maybe break even. I am on Long Island and have to pay LIPA's Electric rates are very high. I know it would be cheaper for me to replace it now or during the winter because AC guys are slow now but how inefficent is my system really? What do you guys think of rheem i am thinking if i do replace i should go with another rheem since i have been so lucky? What seer rating do you recommond?

A/C companies are busy with heating systems right now. Equipment costs have been going up quite a bit in the last couple of years. Price increases usually occur at the 1st of the year. You will pay less the sooner you replace it, in that respect. Get the highest SEER that you can afford. You will be stuck with the efficiency of the unit for many years.
    White Bear Township, Minnesota
    www.summitheating.com

if its a natural draft furnace and you go with the minimum of 80%, you would save 20% off you monthly heating bill. more effecient furnaces would give you more savings.

No furnace have seperate boiler have hydronic heat fin tube baseboards

How much depends on how much you use your A/C.

Your unit is most likely a 10 SEER, so a new 13 SEER will save you a fair amount.

Have a contractor run a cost comparioson for you.

Nothing wrong with Rheem.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?