Thread: MEP Jobs

MEP Jobs

Has anyone had an experience where no applicants were submitted that met the requirements for your job posting?

Were you still billed for that 30 day period?

What kind of guarantee did they provide considering its $300 for 30 days?

Did they honor it?

Quote Originally Posted by coldcube View Post
    Has anyone had an experience where no applicants were submitted that met the requirements for your job posting?

Were you still billed for that 30 day period?

What kind of guarantee did they provide considering its $300 for 30 days?

Did they honor it?
    Hi Coldcube,

Well, as you know, there are no absolute guarantees in the recruiting world (for example, what if you're offering $1/hr or you work your guys 90 hrs a week?), but for the vast majority of our employers, they'll see a dozen qualified applications (or more) for their job, depending on their location and the job itself. We're not in the business of churning and burning business - we want you to keep using us. So if you're not satisfied with your results, tell us and most of the time we can figure out a way to get you to the kind of results you want. Plus the minute you sign on, you'll be in touch with one of our customer care folks, who are expert in both finding people and using our system, so they'll help you use MEP Jobs to its fullest.

And if you want to hear what our employers say, click here:

http://www.mepjobs.com/EmployerPages...timonials.aspx

Call Bryan May at 800-915-2099 for more info.
    Thanks, and I hope you come on board-

JeffatMEPJobs

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your reply.

Although I have never specifically used the service you represent, I have been very disappointed with a well known similar service. I am under the impression you both pull from the same applicant pool, and that’s where my concerns lie.

Qualified Commercial Refrigeration Service Technicians are difficult to come by (3-5 years minimum). I have found that internet "recruiting" services DO NOT qualify their applicants, but by doing so it may bring valve to the applicants you do submit.

That being said, my past experience with similar services has been that 25 applicants were available for the position, however in reality there may be 0-1 applicants that truly met the requirements while the other 24 have the same “canned” resume that can be found on-line or through most job placement sites. When I tightened up my job description I was lucky to get 1 applicant a month.

If you tell me that it is $3600 a year for a crap shoot, I can understand and make a rational decision based on a truth.

You mentioned in the post that if I am not satisfied with the results you can help me get the results I want; can you give me an example of how you could do that?

I do intend to contact Bryan May and will post my results here on HVAC-TALK for other contractors that may also have concerns about straying away from a typical newspaper classified ad.

I do hope things will go well and you can ad me to your testimonial page.

P.S> what do think my chances are of finding someone who will work 90 hrs for a dollar an hour?

Quote Originally Posted by coldcube View Post
    Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your reply.

Although I have never specifically used the service you represent, I have been very disappointed with a well known similar service. I am under the impression you both pull from the same applicant pool, and that’s where my concerns lie.

Qualified Commercial Refrigeration Service Technicians are difficult to come by (3-5 years minimum). I have found that internet "recruiting" services DO NOT qualify their applicants, but by doing so it may bring valve to the applicants you do submit.

That being said, my past experience with similar services has been that 25 applicants were available for the position, however in reality there may be 0-1 applicants that truly met the requirements while the other 24 have the same “canned” resume that can be found on-line or through most job placement sites. When I tightened up my job description I was lucky to get 1 applicant a month.

If you tell me that it is $3600 a year for a crap shoot, I can understand and make a rational decision based on a truth.

You mentioned in the post that if I am not satisfied with the results you can help me get the results I want; can you give me an example of how you could do that?

I do intend to contact Bryan May and will post my results here on HVAC-TALK for other contractors that may also have concerns about straying away from a typical newspaper classified ad.

I do hope things will go well and you can ad me to your testimonial page.

P.S> what do think my chances are of finding someone who will work 90 hrs for a dollar an hour?
    Hi again,

First off, really, finding someone who works 90 hrs for a 1 an hr? Sounds like an 'offshore' job to me!

Anyway, in answer to your questions: we pull from an extremely broad national pool of candidates. I'm biased, of course, but I think there are hundreds of employers who would back me up when I say you're going to find the most experienced folks on MEP Jobs. We've been around for 11 years, get 70,000+ job seekers coming to the site each month, so the odds are good. I just ran a quick query and came up with over 400 candidates that had 5+ yrs of experience and the ICE-commercial refrigeration certification. You can tell Bryan if that's the kind of person you want.
    The exact person? Well, depends on where you're located, what you pay, and what the 'perfect' person wants. But I'm betting we have a match (or 3) for you.

Bryan will fill you in on what exactly we can do to make sure you find the people you need. I promise! I'm the wrong guy to lay out all of the sales stuff - I will inevitably leave something out, and then he'll yell at me.

Good luck, and let me know how it goes for you-

JeffatMEPJobs