Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 55
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    609

    Its all unbelievable

    They said if we gave the rich tax cuts the wealth and jobs would trickle down and I believed. Though the occoasional drip was encourging the fact remains the average American has seen their income drop and their jobs disappear.

    They said there were wepons of mass destruction and I believed. After billions, thousands of lives and a military that is streached thin, no such wepons have been found.

    They said it was important to rebuild Iraq but many Americans are without health care. They sat idle as a Katrina ripped though the south. College is a financial burden that when these kids get out, they graduate to a ****ty job market and student loans. But its important to rebuild this other far away country.

    They tell me gays shouldnt be able to get married and that abortion is wrong and will destroy this country. But they dont want to close to borders, in fact he wanted to grant them aminesty.

    They support unfair trade agreements. They tell me NAFA is a good idea. They cant wait to get into bed with China. They tell me UNIONS are the evil in this country and unions hurt the economy.

    They have grudgingly conceded that global warming poses a significant and costly threat to the United States, as scientists have acknowledged for some time. Yet this party continues to reject action to reduce global warming pollution. It has refused to require cuts in heat-trapping carbon dioxide pollution, significantly raise fuel economy requirements, or hold companies accountable for improving their energy efficiency and using wind, solar and other renewable energy sources. And yet we still watched our country become cripped by an energy crisis.

    They said we could fight this war without raising taxes and without putting us in debt. And now we face the biggest debt the world has ever seen.

    They said Social Security was bankrupt and we should invest in into the market. I think after the past few weeks we all see how Wall Street REALLY works.

    They tell me this guy is a MAVERICK. This guy hasnt done much to change is own party, yet hes going to change this country! Hes the guy that votes 90% of the time with Bush yet hes the guy whos gonna fix all these problems.


    You mean to tell me OBAMA can do a worse job then this other nutcase weve been dealing with for 8 years?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,637
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherNJ View Post
    They said if we gave the rich tax cuts the wealth and jobs would trickle down and I believed. Though the occoasional drip was encourging the fact remains the average American has seen their income drop and their jobs disappear.

    They said there were wepons of mass destruction and I believed. After billions, thousands of lives and a military that is streached thin, no such wepons have been found.

    They said it was important to rebuild Iraq but many Americans are without health care. They sat idle as a Katrina ripped though the south. College is a financial burden that when these kids get out, they graduate to a ****ty job market and student loans. But its important to rebuild this other far away country.

    They tell me gays shouldnt be able to get married and that abortion is wrong and will destroy this country. But they dont want to close to borders, in fact he wanted to grant them aminesty.

    They support unfair trade agreements. They tell me NAFA is a good idea. They cant wait to get into bed with China. They tell me UNIONS are the evil in this country and unions hurt the economy.

    They have grudgingly conceded that global warming poses a significant and costly threat to the United States, as scientists have acknowledged for some time. Yet this party continues to reject action to reduce global warming pollution. It has refused to require cuts in heat-trapping carbon dioxide pollution, significantly raise fuel economy requirements, or hold companies accountable for improving their energy efficiency and using wind, solar and other renewable energy sources. And yet we still watched our country become cripped by an energy crisis.

    They said we could fight this war without raising taxes and without putting us in debt. And now we face the biggest debt the world has ever seen.

    They said Social Security was bankrupt and we should invest in into the market. I think after the past few weeks we all see how Wall Street REALLY works.

    They tell me this guy is a MAVERICK. This guy hasnt done much to change is own party, yet hes going to change this country! Hes the guy that votes 90% of the time with Bush yet hes the guy whos gonna fix all these problems.


    You mean to tell me OBAMA can do a worse job then this other nutcase weve been dealing with for 8 years?
    Well with Obama you might also like Lenin.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    609
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Well with Obama you might also like Lenin.
    You are assuming Obama is a communist. Thats like calling McCain a consertive.

    Oh wait, thats right he voted for the Bail out, after all the pork was added. Hold on now, would a real consertive vote for a bail out? Would a MAVERICK a guy thats gonna change things vote for a bail out?

    I thought his party was the one that voted for deregulation. But how does the bail out tie into deregulation?

    Sometime tells me someone is a liar. Sometime tells me not to trust this guy bc the last guy was not trustworty either.

    Thats being said, I really dont love all of Obamas ideas. But I really hate what McCains party is doing.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    118
    Do you believe what Obama is saying? If so do a little research.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Near Atlanta, GA.
    Posts
    14,540
    I don't think anyone here thinks McCain is a conservative.

    But remember, this is not like the British system where we elect a party. When we vote for president we're only electing him and his VP. Who sits in congress is decided by individual votes and has nothing to do with who we put in to the White House.

    Our government has failed us miserably, no two ways about that. But there's plenty of blame to go around, and some of the main reasons behind the mess we're in stem from previous congresses and previous administrations. To blame either party completely for the mess is quite short sighted.

    Vote for the best candidate in every race that applies to you. Person by person, that is how we change government. And when your official gets elected, keep the heat on him/her by writing to them often and letting them know what you expect from them.

    Just one more thing.....most of us here probably agree that the GOP have not been responsible with our tax dollars the last few years. Part of the reason for this is that they controlled all three branches of government; "absolute power corrupts absolutely" and all that. If Obama wins, we'll have a very liberal president who plans enormous new spending, and he'll have a congress that is controlled by very liberal Democrats as well. If you think the GOP grew government, which they did, stay tuned because you ain't seen nuttin yet.

    I am K_dood and I approve of this message.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    N. E. Missouri
    Posts
    9,750
    I must have missed something....George W. Bush has been President of the United States of America for the last 8 years. Not John S. McCain. Nope, he's had the same job that Obama holds. Why hasn't Obama 'Changed' things from that same perspective then? You should hold him to the same measuring stick--McCain is not now nor has he ever been George W. Bush.

    See how that works? McCain hasn't been the President the last 8 years, he is running for that office now, the same as Senator Obama.

    If Obama were to be elected I wonder how long he'd keep the job? Before running for Supreme Ruler of the Earth? I mean, he's pretty much just been climbing the ladder his entire career and doesn't have much time in any of his jobs.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    609
    Say what you guys want. But I see WAY too many similarities between McCain and Bush. As a matter of fact my research shows that McCain argees with Bush a good percentage of time time.

    And I think the republican party has decided to turn their back on being financially consertive. They cater to the religious right, and these war hawks who believe that this war in Iraq is a good thing.


    When I look at Bushes presidency all I see is lies. And I think he screwed things up really bad.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,637
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherNJ View Post
    Say what you guys want. But I see WAY too many similarities between McCain and Bush. As a matter of fact my research shows that McCain argees with Bush a good percentage of time time.

    And I think the republican party has decided to turn their back on being financially consertive. They cater to the religious right, and these war hawks who believe that this war in Iraq is a good thing.


    When I look at Bushes presidency all I see is lies. And I think he screwed things up really bad.
    Hey don't worry about it. Six months in rehab drying out and your head will clear up and see the light. Breathe some fresh air and lay down the bong pipe and you'll be ok.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    609
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Hey don't worry about it. Six months in rehab drying out and your head will clear up and see the light. Breathe some fresh air and lay down the bong pipe and you'll be ok.


    Because I disagree with you im on drugs?


    You are such a smart guy you supported your arguement with facts. You posted all the reasons why the republican party has been good. You showed me how John McCain is a maverick.



    Oh wait you didnt do that. In my opinion a smart person does not have to insult someone to disagree with them. I have to assume that you are one of the people who will only vote for a republican and thats it.


    Explain to me how business friendly an expensive war when the country is in debt it good for us.

    I do not see McCain as a financially consertive person. And bc I disagree with him about the war, as well as many other things I will vote agasnt him. If he was running agasnt a 3 year old I would vote agasnt him.

    Top economists agree that the country is facing 12 trillion, some even say the figure is grossly underestimated, 12 trillion dollars in debt. China holds that debt. You explain to me how China owning this country is good for my business.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,637
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherNJ View Post
    Because I disagree with you im on drugs?

    You are such a smart guy you supported your arguement with facts. You posted all the reasons why the republican party has been good. You showed me how John McCain is a maverick.



    Oh wait you didnt do that. In my opinion a smart person does not have to insult someone to disagree with them. I have to assume that you are one of the people who will only vote for a republican and thats it.


    Explain to me how business friendly an expensive war when the country is in debt it good for us.

    I do not see McCain as a financially consertive person. And bc I disagree with him about the war, as well as many other things I will vote agasnt him. If he was running agasnt a 3 year old I would vote agasnt him.

    Top economists agree that the country is facing 12 trillion, some even say the figure is grossly underestimated, 12 trillion dollars in debt. China holds that debt. You explain to me how China owning this country is good for my business.
    Well if you really want to carry on a debate on the merits you might try talking sense instead of making wild unsubstansiated charges instead of statements like "When I look at Bushs presidency I see all lies". What lies, also please check your spelling. About every other word is misspelled. English is obviously your second language I presume.

    I don't support Bush but I support the communist agenda of Obama and the Democrats even less. Man made Global Warming is one big hoax designed to destroy our economy and most intelligent folks see it that way. I hope this clears up your concerns.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    tidewater, va
    Posts
    2,144
    Chris,
    Your post is one of the most insightful ones ever put up here. The usual detractors responded as expected



    r404a

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Charm City--the city that bleeds
    Posts
    2,790
    There ain't a dime's worth of difference between McCain and O'Bama as it relates to spending YOUR money. Just pipe down and keep sending your money.


    They'll give it back to you in the form of loans
    It's great to be alive and pumping oxygen!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    443
    And they say we southerner's are slow.

    At least we know which year it is and who's running for President! LOL

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event