Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How's business?

How's business?

I am just curious how the rest of the controls world is doing?
    We are not quite backlogged like we have been but we have more work than we can handle and our salesman is still on a fairly tight leash for controls since we just don't have the manpower.
    Been thinking about buying a few stocks in controls as everything has been so hammered and I know we are going to report a very good 4th quarter. Just figured I would get a feel from the rest of the world.
    BTW - We are a TAC dealer - Schneider Electric stock would be SU.PA. Not necessarily looking to buy foreign stock but I've noticed everything's been hit that I've looked at HON, JCI, ECH, UTX, ELON.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    http://threedevilskennel.com/ - not my website.
    Versatile Hunting Dog Federation - www.vhdf.org/

It's insane in VA. I think Ive been to or am scheduled for every school in 150 miles.

I've been working out of town every week except for 3 since July on 3 different projects(one is a year long). Not counting the projects I already had in town and those we have won since I left and ones coming down the pike I am up to my eyeballs, which is a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

High energy costs = good business for controls companies
    "Profit is not the legitimate purpose of business. The legitimate purpose of business is to provide a product or service that people need and do it so well that it's profitable."

James Rouse

Quote Originally Posted by klrogers View Post
    High energy costs = good business for controls companies
    Yeah but were not a controls company
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Crazy busy. We could do alot more...if we could find ready to go manpower.

Up to my eyeballs...I am an HVAC technician recently moved to controls full time,and still having to deal with my previous work ( service calls, MTC, repairs etc), talk about jumping right into the fire, I am installing,programming and commissioning an FX20 with NDIO16/34 boards serving three new boilers, new chiller and upgrading control on two AHU/MUA units,glycol converters... a very steep learning curve to say the least, not to mention a butt load o'work!

Crazy busy here too...

I'm glad to here from others about business. The national news makes everything sound so depressing. We too are TAC dealers, and we're hooked up for now... We have a strong backlog, and if energy prices will come up some more, we'll continue to be busy. Our greatest challenge right now isn't business, but where to find qualified labor with a good work ethic.

I work for Cal-Air(JCI) controls. We too have been really busy. Lots of weekends . Saturdays and Sundays Long days you know the type12 to 15 hours
    I hear service is slow.

I'm up to my ears. I hired a wire puller a month ago and now interviewing for a full tech. Slim pickings around here. All the guys seem to want to do is sit in front of a computer. That doen't work for me.

we're up to our eyeballs in Arkansas too. we have a bigger backlog than we've had in 9 years. we'd be able to do more too if we could find good qualified individuals to hire for the programming/engineering side. i agree...the news wants to be all "gloom and doom" and certainly there are issues, but in AR at least, our economy seems to be hanging in there. or at least in a need to get some energy conservation through BAS.

We are on a constant roll, wrap up one job and start another right behind it.

We are not backlog in work, but it may come to that point in about 2 or 3 months after the new year.

Yes we are seeing alot more building go to the Leed's certification along with conservation of energy usage in there buildings.

Also there are building owners that are looking at the comfort of there tenets to ensure comfortable settings, alot of companies are requesting to maintain space at specific tempertures, server rooms condition spaces and more.

So work is going to be good because building owners are negotiating more with tenets with the leases for space.

Lontshooter

Quote Originally Posted by crab master View Post
    BTW - We are a TAC dealer - Schneider Electric stock would be SU.PA. Not necessarily looking to buy foreign stock but I've noticed everything's been hit that I've looked at HON, JCI, ECH, UTX, ELON.
    Why not ABB?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast