Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It is possible, in certain conditions, as can said, for the oil to take off just from the heater coming back on. That would take a long power outage, more than just a few minutes.

If the machine was started the moment the oil temp lockout let it, the compressor could be spun up with so much refrigerant in the oil that there could be very serious damage. The oil would really take off in a hurry if it saw an inverted cold start. That's why the man says 24 hours heat up on a cold compressor.

Let's hope that the noise was just normal centrifugal noise, and that they just need to get the oil back.
    God Bless our Veterans

God Bless the USA

Randy S. is correct. If you are need to restart the chiller at a short time. You can manual start the oil pump 10-15 every mins. to push out the refrigants from the oils. and re-start the chiller. until the oil temp over 65dC (149dF) and the oil level is engouh.

This chiller have not the oil level protaction. it only have the low and high oil temp. and low oil pressure protaction.
    Can

Quote Originally Posted by can View Post
    Randy S. is correct. If you are need to restart the chiller at a short time. You can manual start the oil pump 10-15 every mins. to push out the refrigants from the oils. and re-start the chiller. until the oil temp over 65dC (149dF) and the oil level is engouh.

This chiller have not the oil level protaction. it only have the low and high oil temp. and low oil pressure protaction.
    Or replace the oil, heater up and start it.
    "I'm from Texas, what country are you from?"

Quote Originally Posted by absrbrtek View Post
    19XRT, big bucks to repair, only a handfull out there. It's no longer made.
    My memory just isn't what it use to be.

I know there was more than one (more like 4 or 5) generations of the 19XR compressor, is the 19XRT the one with the fixed thrust? If it is, I'm pretty sure you have to get at both ends on that model because the thrust assembly goes out through the stator only.

If you get inside & it's scrambled, look at the bright side. You just order a new "everything".
    All my leon freaked out!

Hi Can!

Good to see your still at it. Hope all is well on your continent.

I haven't been on in a while so I thought I would say hi.
    All my leon freaked out!

Unhappy

Dear chiller mekanik,

I'm well, thanks! I'm long time no reply any post by I.m very busy and my English is very bad!
    Can

Dear chiller mekanik,

I'm well, thanks! I'm long time no reply any post by I.m very busy and my English is very bad!
    Hi Can,

Don't worry, your among friends.

Besides, my chinese is worse.
    All my leon freaked out!

If the power outage with a long time and the water temperature is high. The refrigerant will mix into the oils. After you re-power the control. the refrigerant will come out from the oil by the oil heater heating the oils. But if too much refrigerants mixed into to the oils, the oils will evaporate to the cooler and condenser on this moment. Is no ome check the level and fill the oils to correct oil level and re-start the chiller. The thrust bearing will damage at the first time!
    Can, help me on this I'm learnig, how evaporate to the cooler and condencer, when the unit come back to ON or when OFF. thanks.

what about power failure= loss of internal lube to seal (transmission) and them flling with oil again and it dumping oil through seal faster then design no lube to compressor bearings and then CRASH

i got a call similar to this this year... machine off no oil...

went to look it over and the facilities staff said that they had pumped 2 gal of oil in it and ran it the day before and could not restart...

went thru the alarm history and found that there were a series of starter faults on top of repeated oil pressure faults...

went thru a controls test and ran the oil pump... pressures were good so i went for a start...

tripped on starter fault...

i went thru the reliance drive and could not make it run...

bypassed the ism and jumped the start command on the drive directly... tripped on high dc buss...

DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU ARE NOT QUALIFIED!!!

pulled the motor leads and found that we were shorted indeed sorted to ground...

At this point we knew that it was going to be serious...

went into the job just figuring to pull the motor and have it rewound...

once the motor was off we found that the rotor had dropped down into the stator and had wiped it out...

after going into the front end of the machine we found that we had a REB thust...

this is the first fixed thrust i had seen and was totally suprised at the damage that was found on the low speed...

after starting the machine we found that the common cooling tower with the absorber was set to keep the absorber on line (warm water) and was not cold enough to keep the centrifugal out of surge...

that and some other tuning was needed to get the machine on line...

moral of the story, you never know what you will find...

good luck...

Confused

Quote Originally Posted by town View Post
    Can, help me on this I'm learnig, how evaporate to the cooler and condencer, when the unit come back to ON or when OFF. thanks.
    Dear Chiller Mekanik,

Would you like to help me to answer this qeustion to Town? I really do not know how to answer him by English!
    Can

here is some brand bashing pos carrier can not and does noy like hot condensing water and if you make it run that it is gunna crash boo hoo hoo carrier

here comes the flaming

and maybe thread robbery

No flaming of Carrier here.

I'd rather have 19XRV's than most anything else. Two more being installed this winter. I can always get the parts and tech support I need. No games about parts and the techs are a great resource.

Oil can take off on anybody's chiller any time there is excess refrigerant in the oil, and it boils off violently for any reason, like a cold startup. Refrigerant will always try to go to the coldest spot, all by itself, and sit there as a liquid. The heat we use to keep the liquid out of the oil will also make the refrigerant boil off violently in extreme conditions, just as the sudden drop in suction pressure on start up will do. On machines with hydraulic capacity control, the o-rings and seals involved can also be a way for the oil to go out into the condenser.

Refrigerant in the oil also dilutes the oil and causes the refrigerant and oil mixture to be a very poor lubricant, causing some very expensive damage to all kinds of compressors, even scrolls. We all know that liquids don't compress, especially if we have seen the massive damage in positive displacement compressors like recips and screws. Scrolls may be more able to take the liquid abuse, but not if you rinse all the oil out into the system.
    God Bless our Veterans

God Bless the USA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12