Thread: High Static Pressure on AMANA System

Post Likes

High Static Pressure on AMANA System

My neighbor heard me talk about all the changes that were done to my
    HVAC system and asked me what I thought of his. He has a basement furnace/coil unit in a 2400 sq.ft 2 story home in NJ with an outside condenser. We checked his negative static pressure in the blower bay and it was 0.83 with the "fan only" on. We pulled out his 20x25 1" Flanders merv 8 filter and the static dropped to 0.43.......with the 1 inch filter slot wide open. I did not have my drill and there were no factory holes so we did not check the positive static (before the coil). The system is ~ 7 years old and he indicates it works fine to heat and cool the house (although his family may disagree). I told him I would post his model numbers to get some feedback on his system. We know it is 80% but thats about it.

1. Does anyone fimilar with amana systems know if it is a variable speed. I ask because I am under the impression that high static on a variable speed can shorten the motor life.

2. Is the system matched?

Here is the data: Amana
    Furnace:GUID115CA50
    Coil: CHA48TCC
    Condenser: RCE42A2A

Thanks

Key1

Post Likes
    I am not familiar with amana's model numbers but if the motor is variable speed it should have several wires ( 10 + ) goin to it vs. a standard 1 through 3 speed motor with 4-7 wires. Also when it starts it will start slowly and ramp up vs. a standard motor that will start very quickly.

Post Likes
    According to this manual which is for your neighbors model which you posted here http://johnstonesupply9.com/TechDocs...ECH%20INFO.pdf is says it's a 4 speed blower, with a 115K BTU's @ 80% the output BTU's are 92k BTU's and the coil according to the chart listed in the manual says it's a good match for the furnace. The rest you can let your neighbor read or print out if he doesn't have a manual for his furnace.

Post Likes
    Multi speed.
    Probably riding the high limit in heat mode.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by key1cc View Post
    Here is the data: Amana
    Furnace:GUID115CA50
    Coil: CHA48TCC
    Condenser: RCE42A2A

Key1
    Ok, Thanks. Based on the feedback I believe he has a 3.5 ton condenser, a 4ton coil, and a 5 ton furnace.

Key1

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in