+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hunter Gas fireplace (manual) DV

Post Likes

Hmm Hunter Gas fireplace (manual) DV

Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to still find info manuals (tech) manuals for my Hunter fireplace. I have a direct vent HDS 2000/3000 model direct vent.
    What I really wanted to know is if I could use flex pipe on with unit model since I cannot find the proper venting for it. I want to install it in my basement. I was looking for the manual to see if flex pipe was allowed. Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

Post Likes

Exclamation

You can only use the venting tested and listed for use with that fireplace. Why don't you have the manual? Was this fireplace given to you? Has it been removed and is now used? Is this fireplace tested and listed by a major test lab in the US?

There is a little info. online but mainly about shops in the UK that sell this brand. You would be better off getting something you can get parts and tech support on.

Post Likes

Thumbs up Reply

Thanks for your reply. I saw it for sale on a local buy and sell website. I was thinking of buying it. The person selling it says it needs a vent kit. I spent half the day looking for info on this unit he is selling. It is brand new never installed. He bought it 10 years ago never installed it. He had lost the Manual. It's still in it's original box. It includes everything but the venting.

Post Likes
    Not sure if I have that manual but that is a fireplace insert and has to be installed in a masonry fireplace with a regulation chimney and 4" liner.

Post Likes
    This might be what your looking for.
    http://www.backyardman.com/uploads/huntermanual.pdf
    There is no bad beer, some just taste better than others.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in