Carrier BACnet cards on Package units.

We have a project where the mechanical installed two new 27 ton package units that came with the Carrier on board controller. We had them add BACnet cards but now we find out that the BACnet cards need commissioning.

Any idea how this is done? Can it be done with the new Carrier Network Service tool?

If so, how much is Network Service Tool.

Carrier BACnet cards on Package units

We had the local Carrier rep set our cards for us. There are two ways to configure the point maps. The 1st method has the bacnet card discover the points from CCN interface. Problem with this method is only the 1st 60 points get mapped and lots were duplicated. The 2nd method requires that the points be mapped manually with some Carrier software program, then downloaded. Insist on using the manual method.

I am setting up 16 of the same cards on some 30 ton RTUs. To save some typing, I left the cards set on auto mapping at first which brings in 60 status points, 10 setpoints and up to 3 schedules. The RTUs only have one schedule.
    A lot of important points are missing from the auto mapped status points, such as space temperature. I uploaded the points from one card, modified the list to replace some of the duplicate and nonessential points with new points, and then turned off the auto map feature and downloaded the list into all of the 16 cards. If you are familiar with Service Tool or Comfortview it is very simple. It could be a little more confusing if you are not familiar with CCN. Good luck

Okay,

So here's where I'm at. I managed to connect the Carrier Converter from Network Service Tool 5 to the CCN side of the Carrier Translator Board and was able to see the CCN Side of the Premier Link controller. So my next question is, do I remove this connection and now connect it to the BACnet RS485 side of the Translator ion order to commission it?

Just did a 30HX chiller today. 1st crack at this interface and at using NST.The translator comes defaulted to element 200. if you are doing more than 1 on a CCN, you will have to get into config of the translator, change it to an unused element # (because all the translators will be 200 initially), and also set it to look for the element # of the controller it is translating. You do a bus scan with NST to see what's there. You may have to D/L the config, can't remember that was 3 hrs ago. It should populate with all the necessary tables from the controller. Here you can keep as is or modify and D/L to the translator. You also then set up the translator in config as needed by the BACnet eqpt (device ID, bus speed. etc.)(I'm assuming your talking a BACnet/Modbus 33CTRAN485 I think? translator for all this). Once it all clicks its pretty easy actually. All is done from the CCN side. The BACnet MS/TP side should auto discover once that is hooked in if set up properly. The Carrier site has a good pdf. Search the translator P/N or 808-356.pdf

The card is setup totally from the CCN side. It occupies a CCN address on the Carrier bus. Search for and upload bus 0, address 200 to get to the bacnet card setup. If you have multiple cards connected to the CCN bus, you must change the address for each card to a unique CCN address not already used on the bus using the address search in Service Tool.(1-239)

Gee thanks guys....I found out about the element 200 address by accident during a scan

Anyhow, I believe I have it commissioned. Now the only problem I'm having is that the JCI NAE is not updating the data without doing a Release All to each individual point.

Next....