Which distributor do you buy from?

View Poll Results: Which distributor do you like to use?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • ALPS

7 15.91%
  • BCCI

1 2.27%
  • Engenuity

1 2.27%
  • KELE

17 38.64%
  • Partner program from controls vendor

9 20.45%
  • Other

9 20.45%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Which distributor do you buy from?

Which online distributor do you like to buy from? (why?) TIA.

Are you talking end devices like actuators, valves, transducers and such?

oops did not see the poll the first time.

I try to stick with our partners when possible.., but when we can get something from KELE cheaper it kind of makes you go hmmmmm.

Yeah, we need more than one vote for this one: I use Kele because of their wide variety of stuff (panel components, sensors, etc.), BCCI for their excellent Belimo prices, Engenuity for their LON stuff I can't buy anywhere else...

How about pick the best one to deal with then... I thought guys would have multiple but knowing most guys here they would post about it....

However, I understand what you are saying. I did the same thing. I'm just looking for the better overall buying experience.
    Last edited by sysint; 10-15-2008 at 02:18 PM.

In that case, I'll expand:

Kele offers the longest hours (important for us West Coasters who often need to order material AFTER 2pm Pacific time), their standard FedEx shipping usually means 3 days (which is plenty fast most times), pricing is competitive, the variety is excellent, and they have the wherewithal to handle certain tasks like calibrating pressure switches (so I don't have to mess with it in the field...) - I'm sure there's other reasons, but those are a few off the top of my head that stand out.

Kele better send you a hat and a screwdriver...

I prefer Alps for peripheral devices and hardware such as sensors, relays, valves, actuators, wire, cabinets etc. You can't beat their prices.
    The shipping charges are fair. Items are shipped direct from the manufacturer. Most items arrive within a week from UPS unless I request some other shipping. No double shipping charges and long delays in shipping when the product is handled twice as with some others on your list.

ps. Any problems with an order have always been handled promptly.

BCCI for the majority of non vendor items , good service , like the on line pricing for late night quotes.

Kele for some items that we do not rep if BCCI does not handle them or its the KELE special stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by freddy-b View Post
    I try to stick with our partners when possible.., but when we can get something from KELE cheaper it kind of makes you go hmmmmm.
    Dito, and you can keep the screwstick and hat, I would rather have all the other crap the partners give me

Mainly stay with partners, but will go to KELE,ALPS,Veris.... to get what I want

19 votes and one is still at 0, could it be high shipping costs? unwillingness to offer a good multiplier until you spend megabucks? or are they just viewed as Lonworks stuff only?
    Personally I think they could sell at lot more product if they changed their policies a little.

Kevin
    "Profit is not the legitimate purpose of business. The legitimate purpose of business is to provide a product or service that people need and do it so well that it's profitable."

James Rouse

We use our Tridium Supplier mostly (trust, but verify), but have used Kele for years until Alps came along.
    Jogas
    Jogas
    Four wheel therapy, my 1968 Camaro is gone and will be missed

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast