You factory boys are in for it.

You guys better get ready for a huge wave of cuts and micromanaging as all the major companies stocks are in the tank.Is anyone else slowing down, I haven't started a new centrifugal in almost 2 years.

That's because everyone is putting RTU in

Quote Originally Posted by acjourneyman View Post
    You guys better get ready for a huge wave of cuts and micromanaging as all the major companies stocks are in the tank.Is anyone else slowing down, I haven't started a new centrifugal in almost 2 years.
    Stock's may be down but the industry's growth is still in the double digits. I wouldn't worry. I see it as the calm before the storm.
    http://finance.yahoo.com/q/co?s=LII.

Jabs

Normally, when the economy goes south, we get busy. Companies and organizations can't get money for capital projects (e.g. chiller replacement) so they put their money into rebuilding what they have. This is much more labor intensive and provides us with more work than changeouts.

In my area everything is still doing real good. I have more start ups coming up than ever before. Even when people do not buy new equipment they will still have to repair their existing ones.

Plenty of work for us in central NY, our equipment sales are at an all time high this year, I have done more new equipment start-ups this year than in my previous 11 years. We are however seeing a decrease in long term service contracts though

Get with anothe rtype of equipment. The large centrifugal market is going by the way side. Screws are getting bigger and better and buildings are getting smaller. Not as any high rises.Get some rtu training and air colled screw experience.
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

Quote Originally Posted by acjourneyman View Post
    If I was you, I'd get ready for a huge wave of cuts..........!!

With stock prices down we have not really felt any cuts yet but I am sure they are coming ie holding off on tool purchases and any other way to keep costs down. I have read places that running 4 tens instead of 5 8's keeps overhead down somewhat. I hope they do that it would be fantastic

Things are good here, we are getting our 40 in, but by far no extra work... so naturally we hire a new guy that will be starting in a couple weeks...

Nothing against the FNG, but as far as management is concerned, they are going to be in a world of hurt if any of us get hours cut...
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

VETO PRO PAC, The Official Tool Bag of HVAC-Talk.com

Testo... you guys rule!