Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by tripledo View Post
    Well, my problem was more in general for other locations, but I happened to be at TomTom's asian grill...I never looked that hard the first day, but was pretty confident they would most likely have a plug, since there is a Sea of condensors on the roof (condos).

If you're talking about the one on McKinney Ave. there are some fancy places around there and accross I 75. I live a little north of there, it is crazy in the evenings.

Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    Most units have the control transformers sized for the crankcase heater load. The actual controls use very little power.
    never seen a transformer used to energize a cch, have you, which unit?

Chiller packages.

From D/B. The 120 volt CCH's work off the control transformer - as the controls are 120 volts. In Engineering the design sizing of the transformer was based on the wattage of the CCH's as that was typically the largest load on it.

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by Airmechanical View Post
    never seen a transformer used to energize a cch, have you, which unit?
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

yep, Mckinney Ave. nice area, but definitely congested especially in the evenings.

Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    From D/B. The 120 volt CCH's work off the control transformer - as the controls are 120 volts. In Engineering the design sizing of the transformer was based on the wattage of the CCH's as that was typically the largest load on it.

PHM
    -------

ok i will bite, what is D/B

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger93rsl View Post
    I just think Dewalt needs to get busy an make us some cordless vacuume pumps and recovey units.
    the batteries would weigh more than the transformer needed in the 480/240 sitch, even LiIons aren't very energy dense. The pumps draw what, 2kVA or so continuous? Last time they evac-ed the big 15 ton unit on our roof it took a loooooooong time. Thats like a truckload of batteries

Nice dream though.

Now...A *GAS* powered evac pump...theeeeres something to think about. But at that point you might just get a little Honda E3000i Genny.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234