Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Should we pull out of Chicago?

Note: This came across my Email box, I found it thought provoking. GA.

Body count:

In the last six months 292 killed (murdered) in Chicago; 221killed in Iraq .

The leadership in Illinois ..... all Democrats.

Sens. Barack Obama & Dick Durbin,

Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr.,

Gov. Rod Blogojevich,

House leader Mike Madigan,

Atty. Gen. Lisa Madigan (daughter of Mike),

Mayor Richard M. Daley (son of Mayor Richard J. Daley)

Thank you for the combat zone in Chicago. Of course, they're all blaming each other. Can't blame Republicans; there aren't any!

State pension fund $44 Billion in debt, worst in country.

Cook County ( Chicago ) sales tax 10.25% highest in country. (Look 'em up if you want).

Chicago school system rated one of the worst in the country.

This is the political culture that Obama comes from in Illinois.

And he's gonna 'fix' Washington politics for us!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

I do not doubt its veracity but without links to the bona fides, this stuff is most times proven to be hype.

Verifiable links with this would make this a great post.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    I do not doubt its veracity but without links to the bona fides, this stuff is most times proven to be hype.

Verifiable links with this would make this a great post.
    Hey Bootsie,

I realize you have rules at the ARPC; as I remember I was part of the committee when those rules were made. And I realize that there are those that are not mature enough to practice self control; I have demonstrated that behavior on this forum also...

What I posted above was meant to provoke thought; nothing more and nothing less.

I seem to remember a society of blonde and blue folks in the 1930's where free thought was not allowed because of the rules... I hope we do not go there.

And beside, I thought what made this country great was freedom...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Hey Bootsie,

I realize you have rules at the ARPC; as I remember I was part of the committee when those rules were made. And I realize that there are those that are not mature enough to practice self control; I have demonstrated that behavior on this forum also...

What I posted above was meant to provoke thought; nothing more and nothing less.

I seem to remember a society of blonde and blue folks in the 1930's where free thought was not allowed because of the rules... I hope we do not go there.

And beside, I thought what made this country great was freedom...
    I do not think that Boots was chastising you just making a comment that validation links strengthen your point. We know several that visit this forum will vilify your post as innuendo and unworthy of consideration without proof.

Quote Originally Posted by classical View Post
    I do not think that Boots was chastising you just making a comment that validation links strengthen your point. We know several that visit this forum will vilify your post as innuendo and unworthy of consideration without proof.
    THX for the input Classical.

No, I do not think he was singling me out; there was a post by Fridge about that particular rule a day or so ago as I remember.

Bootise and I had some differences when I was on the ARPC... He seems to still have that attitude I do not care for. That is one of many reasons I left the committee (yes it was voluntarily on my part), and left the forum for a while, I was tired of a few attitudes here.

On the other hand, I do understand the reason for the rule, and the need to enforce it from time to time.

THX for the support though.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Well I lived in the Chi-Metro area for my first 45 years and I can say that most if not all above is:

true

In Chicago the first orientation class for newbie officials is how to hold out your hand. You absolutely have to be able to recognize every opportunity to give a hand, and be especially be able to use your hand under the table without looking. All your assistants, driver, receptionist and cleaning staff should also be versed in introductory hand techniques.

Quote Originally Posted by sysint View Post
    In Chicago the first orientation class for newbie officials is how to hold out your hand. You absolutely have to be able to recognize every opportunity to give a hand, and be especially be able to use your hand under the table without looking. All your assistants, driver, receptionist and cleaning staff should also be versed in introductory hand techniques.
    Sounds like a third world country to me... I guess a 'muslim in hiding' would fit in well there...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    THX for the input Classical.

No, I do not think he was singling me out; there was a post by Fridge about that particular rule a day or so ago as I remember.

Bootise and I had some differences when I was on the ARPC... He seems to still have that attitude I do not care for. That is one of many reasons I left the committee (yes it was voluntarily on my part), and left the forum for a while, I was tired of a few attitudes here.

On the other hand, I do understand the reason for the rule, and the need to enforce it from time to time.

THX for the support though.
    Al hit the nail on the head, Ga. I was just hoping for some links to verify so I can pass them along to the local newspaper blog that is loaded with libs.

Take that chip off youre shoulder. I was not referring to ARPC agenda or rules. Just referring to exactly those that Al was talking about. It so happens you and I agree on these issues and any info I can pass along to the local liberal rag is helpful. All in all, your OP is excellent.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

Proud member of KA Club

Al hit the nail on the head, Ga. I was just hoping for some links to verify so I can pass them along to the local newspaper blog that is loaded with libs.

Take that chip off youre shoulder. I was not referring to ARPC agenda or rules. Just referring to exactly those that Al was talking about. It so happens you and I agree on these issues and any info I can pass along to the local liberal rag is helpful. All in all, your OP is excellent.
    Bootsie, I do not have a chip on my shoulder... but you are quick to judge... Curious to me that the Scripture you claim to be beholding to says to not judge...

Honestly, I think it a good time to back away from ARP for a while.

You all enjoy bickering about the election... I think I will find a different forum to post on for a while...

Have a GREAT one!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Judge? I didn't sentence you to a thing. I DID, however, DISCERN a chip on your shoulder. We are commanded to be discerning.

Proud member of KA Club

Judge? I didn't sentence you to a thing. I DID, however, DISCERN a chip on your shoulder. We are commanded to be discerning.
    You see Bootsie, you just hung yourself!

You always have to have the last word, and you always have to be right.

Where would your salvation be if Christ had that attitude the night before the Cross?

Nuff said.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast