Thread: InfinityControl

InfinityControl

Can someone tell me how to get the back lite onthe Infinity control to come back on, I evidently did something while checking a few things in my Controller and now it doesn't lite up as it should

459 posts and you're a regular member? So you're either a wannabe or a HO DIYer. Which is it? Sorry dude, no more help from me. I went to school for years, in the trades for years and you're trying to pick my brain to sell to somebody else? No deal.
    Skip Ronan
    Abell's One Hour Heating & A/C
    Scituate, MA

Where did that come from !!! Not a diyer in HVAC sorry, I enjoy the the site and I have the Infinity furnace and control.

Quote Originally Posted by skippro View Post
    459 posts and you're a regular member? So you're either a wannabe or a HO DIYer. Which is it? Sorry dude, no more help from me. I went to school for years, in the trades for years and you're trying to pick my brain to sell to somebody else? No deal.
    Real nice reply. Makes you look like an a$$. Maybe he's been posting in "ARP" or the "Food and Grill" forum. You don't know.

You have a total of 4 posts since May of 2005. Doesn't sound like you've been helping too much.

Quote Originally Posted by gary_g View Post
    Real nice reply. Makes you look like an a$$. You have a total of 4 posts since May of 2005. Doesn't sound like you've been helping too much.
    Wrong! Go to the top of the thread and it lists the number of posts for each sumitter. DanW13 has 459 posts including such things as showing new service van ideas and numerous other requests for help on furnaces. If he's a pro, he should be registered as such. If he isn't then picking the brains of pros as a way to shortcut getting the education he would need to work in the industry is insulting to those of us who work hard to stay abreast of the new technology as well as the old. We're here to help homeowners make good decisions and help them resolve issues such as improper installations. We are not here to answer specific questions by those who want to do their own work or those who want to do work for others unless they're pros. To be a pro you need to submit your qualifications for review. Once approved, you're enrolled in the pro side and on that side you can ask all the technical questions you want. We all ask questions and get help on that side because we know what can lead to trouble and when someone in the trade (meaning working at it day in and day out as their primary income) is trying to better him or herself. It was not my intention to make anyone look like anything but I calls it as I sees it and by all appearances, this was someone who was trying to circumvent the intent of the public site. If that's offensive, I'm sorry.
    Skip Ronan
    Abell's One Hour Heating & A/C
    Scituate, MA

The information he is requesting is in the "homeowners" manual, and freely available to all on the net.

Here is what I found

Lighting
    You can adjust the backlighting contrast, turn off backlighting altogether,
    or turn off the HEAT and COOL status lights (LED)s.

1 Flip down the door near the base of the Infinity™ Control.
    2 Press the ADVANCED setup button.
    3 Press the RIGHT button once to select the LIGHTING screen (2
    of 5).
    4 With the BACKLIGHT text highlighted, use the TIME (+\-) button to
    turn the screen’s constant, low intensity backlighting ON or OFF.
    5 Use the SCROLL button to highlight HEAT/COOL LED
    INDICATORS text.
    6 Use the TIME (+\-) button to turn the HEAT and COOL LEDs on or
    off.
    7 Use the SCROLL button to highlight CONTRAST.
    8 Use the TIME (+\-) button to increase or decrease the screen’s
    contrast level.
    9 Press the LEFT or RIGHT side buttons to select another
    ADVANCED feature.
    - OR -
    10 To exit, push the ADVANCED button or simply close the door. You
    may exit at any stage during this setup.
    NOTE: You can exit Advance Setup at any time. When exiting,
    you will be prompted to save changes if you have made any.
    Select “YES” to save your changes, “NO” to revert back to previous
    settings.

Thank you !!!