Thread: 2 AX questions

2 AX questions

1 How do you make the weather service work in a vpn with a proxy server? I have heard that is one of the fixes for 3.4 but I am not sure as of yet.
    I can connect to the jace and everything works except weather service.

2 I have an ax jace with hardware I/O and I am not sure where to access the points to control them.

Thanks.
    "It's always controls"

Quote Originally Posted by skwsproul View Post
    1 How do you make the weather service work in a vpn with a proxy server? I have heard that is one of the fixes for 3.4 but I am not sure as of yet.
    I can connect to the jace and everything works except weather service.

2 I have an ax jace with hardware I/O and I am not sure where to access the points to control them.

Thanks.
    Question 1: Would that not be up to the IT Nazis to setup the ports?

Question 2: You need to add/setup the NDIONetwork.

Frown AX Weather

Over the past few months I too have toyed with the weather feature. At times it would work, only to come back at a later date to see that the auto update had stalled (stale). Reading the Niagara-Central WEB site was helpful and this post gave a better handle on the fix for the problem. We FX boys may have to stand in line and beg for a new jar file to see it work with JCI 2.0 (3.3.22). It seams a fix is in store for you Tridium boys but not all that soon for us..... So I'll just have to wait..............rrh

http://www.niagara-central.com/ord?p...ionThread/8599

Quote Originally Posted by freddy-b View Post
    Question 1: Would that not be up to the IT Nazis to setup the ports?

The ports I use are open. Is there a different port for the weather?

Thanks for your help.
    "It's always controls"

Quote Originally Posted by beentheredonethat View Post
    Over the past few months I too have toyed with the weather feature. At times it would work, only to come back at a later date to see that the auto update had stalled (stale). Reading the Niagara-Central WEB site was helpful and this post gave a better handle on the fix for the problem. We FX boys may have to stand in line and beg for a new jar file to see it work with JCI 2.0 (3.3.22). It seams a fix is in store for you Tridium boys but not all that soon for us..... So I'll just have to wait..............rrh

http://www.niagara-central.com/ord?p...ionThread/8599
    I asked about the weather update a while back. You can fix it yourself by linking an interval triggers output to the update weather input on the wire sheet.
    "It's always controls"

Quote Originally Posted by freddy-b View Post

Thanks took about 10 minutes to load the module than reboot and add the network, discover and add the ndio board, discover and add the I/O points and now I have points that I can work with. YOU THE MAN Thank You I would not have figured that one out, I was getting tangled trying to work it in the niagara network, go figure consistently inconsistent once again.
    "It's always controls"

Ports Open

If you are behind a firewall, yes you will need more ports opened, 1911 for FOX and 3011 for platform, mainly for Workbench. An IT dude may know otherwise what you need for the weather service, but I always thought that port 80 was all that was required for weather. You will also need a public DNS assigned in your platform. If you are not signed up in the Tridium or Niagira-Central, I would suggest that and just punch in weather in the search engine and loads of weather problems are discussed there. I have found several answers to my problems there as well as here.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,regards,,,,,,,,,,,,,rrh

port 80 is usually open, unless they force you to go through a proxy server to get out. For that, you need 3.4 which now includes support for hosts behind a proxy server.
    If there's no proxy, then all you need is a valid DNS entry for the platform, like beentheredonethat mentioned. It doesn't have to be a public dns, an internal dns server that can resolve external addresses will do.
    The reason for the DNS is because the weather service parses data from www.weather.gov

Quote Originally Posted by digo View Post
    port 80 is usually open, unless they force you to go through a proxy server to get out. For that, you need 3.4 which now includes support for hosts behind a proxy server.
    If there's no proxy, then all you need is a valid DNS entry for the platform, like beentheredonethat mentioned. It doesn't have to be a public dns, an internal dns server that can resolve external addresses will do.
    The reason for the DNS is because the weather service parses data from www.weather.gov
    Thank you. The vpn uses a proxy server and ports 80 and 1911 are open but the weather service will not go through due to the proxy. Looks like 3.4 will fix it.
    "It's always controls"