boiler pressure

Thread: boiler pressure

boiler pressure

What is the proper way to set a boiler water pressure regulator. I thought you set it at 12 - 15 when the boiler is cold and the pump isnt on. Is this correct? My father has a boiler and right now I have the power shut off and the water makeup hand valve open. I will check to see what the presssure is tomorrow. and make adjustments from there. any thoughts.

Thoughts...yes, call a pro before you go boom.

I am a licenced gas tech and refrigeration mechanic. I just dont have much experience with hydronic heating. Any help would be great.

the fill valve will automatically keep the boiler pressure at 12 lbs at least b&g valves do,too much pressure will cause relief valve to pop,you need a tech!

Then you need to apply for pro status and post this in the pro area where it can be discussed. It can't be in the open areas of the forum.

ya I had him put a bucket under the t&p valve incase it goes. I want to see if it is bleeding by because the presssure was about 30 when I arrived. I let some water out and lowered it to 12. I will see tomorrow if it rises again.

Lots of variables.

How many stories is the building? Boiler in the basement? Expansion tank bladder still intact? Expansion tank have proper charge? Confirmed the P&T valve is sized correctly for the boiler?

This can be dangerous - call a tech in with hydronic experience.