Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ebusch View Post
    No offense but why in the world would I work an engineer to flat spec Carrier controls when I have a business to run?
    Well when you use Carrier terms like VVT you make the whole thread confusing. You should use a more proper term like ZONING.
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

Funny no one else had a problem knowing what I was talking about. If you would read the whole thread you would know what I was looking for. Guess I will go tell my customers they can not call their systems VVT because we took the Carrier controls out.

We also call our retrofits of this type of system VVT - even though we are not using Carrier controls. Just because I say zoning I could be talking about adding a baseboard heater with a manual thermal valve to a particular area, or a simple on/off damper based on time schedule/other. I do agree terminology plays a big part on most things, but for us VVT is a generic term meaning the kind of system - Variable Volume and Temperature which I do believe Carrier/Parker coined, however, whomever started the first VAV systems we have all figured out by now doesn't mean it's a brand x system. I would like to say technically speaking it would be pressure dependent/pressure independent but I can think of examples where that wouldn't work either to explain a VVT system without further details, where as a VVT type system tells me plenty.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    http://threedevilskennel.com/ - not my website.
    Versatile Hunting Dog Federation - www.vhdf.org/

Funny alot of people responding have Carrier in mind (i.e. okemechtech). It does make a difference because sequence of operation changes with different types of controls. Tell your customers what you want.
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

do make sure you proof airflow BEFORE you turn the electric strips on and kill the fan and the heat strips if the limit trips.

Quote Originally Posted by ebusch View Post
    Funny no one else had a problem knowing what I was talking about. If you would read the whole thread you would know what I was looking for. Guess I will go tell my customers they can not call their systems VVT because we took the Carrier controls out.
    YOUR customers probably call it that because they are just as misinformed as you are. (No offense)
    I thought you were referring to Carrier also.

Lets drop the VVT. How about a zoning system using zone dampers with auto changeover-bypass control.

What control system do you represent? If you do not want Carrier 3V you should look at Trane VariTrac and Honeywell RapidZone. They both work very well and are easy to install and setup.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12