+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lennox Variable Speed Motors

Post Likes

Lennox Variable Speed Motors

Has anyone tried to control a variable speed motor on a Lennox (or any other) unit? I have downloaded all info I can get to on the Lennox websites but wonder if there is more info availabe to Lennox dealers. I have also downloaded info from the GE website. I would like to know what the signal looks like (mA, volts, pulse width, ??) that actually tells the motor what speed to run.

Thanks.

Post Likes
    I don't know about that but, we can now program Trane module's at our office with a newly purchased programmer. This will reduce our inventory and length of time to get a customer up and running. I'm hoping Lennox and Carrier will make there programming info available also.
    Make your expertise uniquely valuable.

Make your influence uniquely far-reaching.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jchapline View Post
    Has anyone tried to control a variable speed motor on a Lennox (or any other) unit? I have downloaded all info I can get to on the Lennox websites but wonder if there is more info availabe to Lennox dealers. I have also downloaded info from the GE website. I would like to know what the signal looks like (mA, volts, pulse width, ??) that actually tells the motor what speed to run.

Thanks.
    It is 85HZ 15 VDC PWM. This is for all ECM motor designed by GE

Pin #3 is for common of 24VAC
    Pin #15 is to start the motor (24 VAC)
    Pin #10 is the PWM to control the speed of the motor

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in