First Time
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Time

First Time

The first time I saw Sarah Palin on tv I saw evil. I'm serious. I turned to my wife and asked, " Well, what do you think?" Wife said " I think she's evil."

I tend to think with my gut. My nature.
    I never saw the cute, folksy person so many seem to have. Looking at her I sometimes actually have a nauseous feeling.

Some of you on ARP say you are Christians. It's my understanding Believers have the gift of discernment of spirit. That " You have no need of teachers as I will send one to you" Paraphrased.
    I'd be interested in hearing not from your head but from what that " Still small voice" is saying to you.
    Tracers work both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    The first time I saw Sarah Palin on tv I saw evil. I'm serious. I turned to my wife and asked, " Well, what do you think?" Wife said " I think she's evil."

I never saw the cute, folksy person so many seem to have. Looking at her I sometimes actually have a nauseous feeling.

Some of you on ARP say you are Christians. It's my understanding Believers have the gift of discernment of spirit. That " You have no need of teachers as I will send one to you" Paraphrased.
    I'd be interested in hearing not from your head but from what that " Still small voice" is saying to you.
    Trying not to pick a fight with you here hvacker but I can't let that post go. One of the arguments against allowing women to vote was that they vote with their emotions and not there heads.

You sound just like that. You are supposed to use logic and engage your brain as to what the facts are, the record, etc. not some sort of "feeling" you have. That's why we can't seem to elect any real men anymore because a lot of women (not all mind you) seem to vote based on their emotions and well this guy seems to rough for me, etc.

Oh well I have said my piece and now I am sure I will be chastised for being a sexist now in addition to being a fascists and a few other things to boot.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Strange.

Just insert Obama where you said Palin and that was my gut feeling.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Yes, and please insert McCain and "Bomb, Bomb, Bomb, Iran" where you said Obama and that's what I felt.

Iran SHOULD be bombed, dude.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

Proud member of KA Club

Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    Iran SHOULD be bombed, dude.
    I'm thankful that a more even handed approach will be considered with them.
    Their citizens should not have to suffer devastation because their leader is a bonehead any more than our boys should have to die for our boneheaded leader.

Thumbs up

I bet if we bombed israel. we would have many new friends in the middle east, instead of just one trouble maker that offers little to nothing.
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    I bet if we bombed israel. we would have many new friends in the middle east, instead of just one trouble maker that offers little to nothing.
    You would be correct.

Something tells me you used to beat up the girls and nerds trying to make friends with the football team.

Proud member of KA Club

You would be correct.

Something tells me you used to beat up the girls and nerds trying to make friends with the football team.
    How totally lame...cant you think of a better analogy than that?
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

Strange.

Just insert Obama where you said Palin and that was my gut feeling.
    Ditto on that.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

Interesting statement there Hvacker. There is Scripture that references a gift called 'discerning spirits'... All I can do is comment my own experience and opinion on this 'gift':

First, I am not sure if the word gift is a good word for it... It is kinda like having an intuition that transcends day to day stuff... kinda like seeing a bigger picture. It is seeing into whether someone is motivated from a heart that loves the Lord (Judeo-Christian God), and wants to follow His teachings. Pretty much all one can 'discern' (see) is whether one is motivated by a relationship with 'God' or if they are motivated by some other force (whether it is human, spiritual, or whatever).

SOOO: if the question is whether the person is a Christian AND is seeking God; then one can see that... if not; well the so called 'gift' may or may not be of any good or use.

Different subject: Coolwhip mentioned dropping a bomb on Israel... This is just my opinion (again); The Jewish folks have always been the banker types. Now lets bring this down to our levels: Would you blow up the home of the guy at the local bank that you do business with? No, I would not either... Lets think about this before we start thinking of who to take out our anger on...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    How totally lame...cant you think of a better analogy than that?
    Sure. But I figured this is one to which you could most easily relate.

Proud member of KA Club

when you have only the Devil on one hand and his legions on the other hand. chose wisely

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast