Looking for free basic troubleshooting literature online

Looking for free basic troubleshooting literature online that's 100% free, unlike everything else that costs money. Any suggestions?

Thanks..

im not sure if were allowed to give that kind of information seeing as how most people here feed their families troubleshooting a/c systems

nice

Quote Originally Posted by mechanicalgsxr View Post
    im not sure if were allowed to give that kind of information seeing as how most people here feed their families troubleshooting a/c systems

I'm a service technician and new on here. I know how to troubleshoot. I just like to study all the time to keep all the collective info absorbed in my head as much as I can. I'm not some hack that randomly stumbled across this website.

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_Fuse View Post
    I'm a service technician and new on here. I know how to troubleshoot. I just like to study all the time to keep all the collective info absorbed in my head as much as I can. I'm not some hack that randomly stumbled across this website.
    I think that you would get a better response if you asked a specific question about a specific problem. As asked, you seemed to want us to tell you how to DIY. Not cool.

In response to the question as clarified, there probably is not anything like whay you are looking for available FREE. Join RSES and you will have online access to the SAM and get discount pricing on a lot of good info, but none of it is cheap, let alone, free.

This information has intrinsic value to those who use it every day. Allowing it to be published free would cut into our livelihoods. You will find some basic homeowner grade info, but most will end in "Call a Pro", just like the medical sites do.

Good luck on your search, but notice that the "good stuff" here is off-limits to the casual observer.

This site is probably what you are looking for. Stick around and get your post count up. Then apply for Pro status, the educational forum seems to have a lot of information.

Invest in yourself...

consider joining. Most of the best techs you'll meet are members, or were in the past. See if you have a active chapter in your area, makes it even better.

http://rses.org/main/index.cfm
    "Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better"
    -Pat Riley