Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If it was me I wouldn`t help him out .It`s obvious he doesn`t want any he hasn`t answered the important questions. He want`s info handed to him without doing leg work.

Nice to see you back carriermechanic.
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

ent. cond. = 82.3
    lvg. cond. = 91.6
    SDT = 93.1
    delta P = 5 (46 psi in 41 psi out one gauge used 1# increments 0-60 range)

ent. cool. = 54.7
    lvg. cool. = 45.2
    SST = 44.3
    delta P = 5

drive locked @ 60Hz
    amp probe in starter reading = 454amps which is 79.5 amps
    FLA = 571 and screen reads 80% 456amps
    guide vanes where wide open

Now i was not the mechanic on site that took the readings i had to get them today from him but he is much more experienced then i. and has 18 years with carrier but left about 5 years ago so i trust his readings. he also said that they put an eductor in the skimmer line not sure why that would be needed but they must have had a problem skimming. sorry i for the wait on the readings. im in a rush so i hope i didn't forget anything. o yeah the chw setpoint is 42.

Quote Originally Posted by carriermechanic View Post
    I have not been with carrier for 29. I have only been with them for 10. And I 100% agree that he needs to get one of us out there. I am just saying what I think it might be from what I have seen starting up xrv's and installing vfd's on xr chillers. I am just letting people know what I have seen. They can do whatever they wish with that information. It would be nice to have some data as far as a good log of the machine when it is operating. Giving us different temps and load % will help a lot. Let us know what they find.
    It dont matter if you been with Carrier 10 years or not, sometimes its not good to give Carrier advice to somebody else to work on a chiller under warranty. And by the way the extra eductor is for low speed, light load oil recovery.

this is in the line from the cooler to the vane housing , never heard of one in that location before.

What are your initials chlorfree??? I am sure we now each other. Anyway, I guess I can't help you DITAW. I know what the problem is. Hopefully your carrier guys can figure it out. Good to see you to goodlistener.

Interesting train of thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by carriermechanic View Post
    What are your initials chlorfree??? I am sure we now each other. Anyway, I guess I can't help you DITAW. I know what the problem is. Hopefully your carrier guys can figure it out. Good to see you to goodlistener.
    Your poor planning does not constitute an emergency on my part!!!!

Yeah, I guess it is.

Did anyone run the vane calibration?
    God Bless our Veterans

God Bless the USA

Looks like you have a .2KW per ton machine. Carrier will return to the top of the heap now!
    "Dying aint much, its living thats hard." (Josey Whales)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12