Thread: INJURY REPORTS

INJURY REPORTS

Allright I was just wondering how other companys reacted after an recordable injury wheather it was a cut hand that got infected or something more serious.I would really like to hear from factory guys and union members but really all are welcome thanks.

Well I got 5 stitches this summer on my forearm. Their reaction was am I OK.
    I filled out the report to explain what happen. It is a company policy that any accident, that a drug screen is performed. Other than that nothing to it.

Band Aids to Stitches. Burse to breaks.

All injuries no matter how small they appear must be reported.

John Culpepper is offline CHANGE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS Professional Member*
    Where I work they only send the accident prone folks for a pee test. I got hurt last year, got hit in the hand by a condenser fan blade. Took 10 stitches to close it up. I didn't have a drug test, but then again it was the first time in 11 years of employment that I got hurt.
    Nemo me impune lacessit.

How much blood do I have to bathe in to get clean?

Don't look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

We are supposed to report any injury no matter how small. A little nick should be reported. If I followed the rule to the letter I would be on the phone all day long I report it if I have to use my first aid kit. Just me. Anything of substance ie stitches we have to go to the doctor and fill out a few extra papers. No drug tests though. Not that that matters for me.

A bee sting/insect bite while working on the job is a recordable, Who knew?
    It's All Good!!!

Same here, we have to report everything no matter how small... Then at our safety meetings we get yelled at for all the "near miss's" and how we need to be more safe and wear more PPE.

The way I see it, if I can't rub some dirt in it to fix it, or even worse, my little 1st aid kit don't heal me up, then it's worth reporting
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

I use the old Football mentality....Am I injured or hurt??? If just hurt and i believe it will heel i just rolll with it. Injured, oh yeah I will report it.

This company any recordable injuries requires, tons of paperwork, a walk through the job of where it happened with a supervisor, a sit down in front of the safety commitee to see if it could have been avoided with PPE, and if found that it could have been avoided, automatic write up no matter how serious or possible termination. P test is mandatory, that doesn't bother me.

I know some think that it is not necessary to record/report injuries, but there are actually reasons for doing it that you don't know or understand. As an example, MANY larger facilities that we work in require the keeping and filing of OSHA 300 reports, which basically tell a prospective client and Osha a story about the company. These reports indicate past problems and how they were dealt with. As an example, one pharmacuetical specifically that I do business with requires this of ALL new contractors as part of their jobsite requirements. Typically they require three or five years lookback. This is cumbersome paperwork, but it allows for reduced insurance rates for the overall project, which, for example may be a very significant number. On a recent project we worked on, the process piping contractor had over eighty fitters IN ONE SMALL BUILDING, that job alone was worth the papaerwork. Since I am small, and usually work as a sub to a manufacturer, we generally get around MOST requirements that are jobsite specific, such as PSM, Osha 100 and 300, and having a full time safety director. Those larger companies need all of that stuff. They are not trying to hang you, but really are looking for ways to cut insurance costs, which for this industry are very high.

Keeping good records will help get your foot in the door with some companies. We have to report everything and im being serious from a splinter to a bee sting to a broken bone. But there are different categories which the paper work should be filed in the office. We found this out. Our secretary listed everything in one file and one of our customers caught it. But bc everything was listed in one file we fell under the "high risk" category so the company had to send a babysitter out with us on one our large shutdowns. I couldn't sneak without a permit.

i couldn't sneeze without a permit...sorry