Cleaver Brooks 500 hp guage glass leaks

Cleaver Brooks 500 hp guage glass leaks

I have an account where the sightglasses on the l.w.c.off are constantly needing replacement and do any of you guys know of a manufacturer that sells heavy duty sightglasses that are made to fit mcdonnel miller l.w.c. offs

I have had good luck with those red ones that has a lip on the inside. the standard black ones are much easier to onstall but dont hold up. I dont know where your at but universal supply around here has them

Just make sure you don't over tighten the packing nut. I've seen allot of guys that keep turning and turning and crush the washer inside. Not saying this is the case, just an FYI

http://www.johnernst.com/level_gauges_index.html

If you cant find one here, it isn't made.

Thanks alot

Thumbs up gauge glass

first off what pressure are you running? we only red line 5/8 dia. gauge glass ,if over 15 psi use high pressure washers (red),cut the glass with a chain cutter ,place it into the cocks so it does not touch the stop on the bottom cock or it will blow out from expansion ,the top cock does not have a stop so the glass can protrude into the cock,properly set the washer will take up the 1/16th space from the lower stop to the glass,thats all it takes