Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 29
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,508

    stick a fork in 'em

    Palin abused her power as governor, BUT!! did not break the law.

    With three weeks to go, I think this will be the straw that breaks the Camels back

    I'm still going to vote for McCain/Palin, but this does not bode well for McCain
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Near Atlanta, GA.
    Posts
    14,626
    In trouble, the McCain ticket is. But this won't make any real difference.

    Besides, the only thing the voters seem to care about right now is the economy.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,508
    it will make a difference to those still on the fence, I fear we will still be concerned over the economy in 4 years, except our taxes will be much higher
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Near Atlanta, GA.
    Posts
    14,626
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    it will make a difference to those still on the fence, I fear we will still be concerned over the economy in 4 years, except our taxes will be much higher
    If Obama wins there's no question that taxes are going up. They might go up even under McCain.

    Not that I approve of that, but I know who will be in charge of congress.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    20,677
    Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post
    In trouble, the McCain ticket is. But this won't make any real difference.

    Besides, the only thing the voters seem to care about right now is the economy.
    Exactly. If the Dems were running Capone/Dillinger, they'd win. The blame for the economy is on the Repubs even though it was 2 Dems who are "front-and-center" responsible.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

    For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

    http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

    Proud member of KA Club

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    4,366

    McCain is a spinless weanie.....

    He's already given up. Now he is sucking up to the new future "Boss". He'll still have his Senate seat were he needs to suck up to Harry Reid. He's looking to the future and to save his own skin. What a weasel. I don't blame the crowd for booing him. Congress approval rating - F-----------
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,508
    Now I got to figure out how to hide my guns, because the anti-gun regime will be trying to take them away by the end of 2010


    On the *up-side* if NObama doesn't get the economy moving very quickly, he'll be history to, by 2012
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    4,366
    That gives the Dems plenty of time to stack the Supreme Court, atleast 5 to 4 their way.

    You'll see guns and ammo sales shoot through the roof, in the next four years.
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,508
    Quote Originally Posted by whec720 View Post
    That gives the Dems plenty of time to stack the Supreme Court, atleast 5 to 4 their way.

    You'll see guns and ammo sales shoot through the roof, in the next four years.

    I see a TAX on guns and ammo shoot through the roof in the next 6 months and a complete gun ban by 2010

    I hope I'm wrong
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SW Florida
    Posts
    1,264
    Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    Exactly. If the Dems were running Capone/Dillinger, they'd win. The blame for the economy is on the Repubs even though it was 2 Dems who are "front-and-center" responsible.
    There is more than enough blame to go around both sides of Washington. Our government, top to bottom, both sides, of the same coin, has not only let us down, but sold us and our children down the river in a rowboat with no paddles.

    They absolutely thrive on keeping the citizens politicaly divided, so we dont concentrate on the three card monty game they (d&r) have been flim-flamming and grifting us with.

    I beleive it is time to reassert our principals that this great country was founded on. Individual freedom and responsibility, limited federal power, freedom of, and from religion, non-entanglement in foreign squabbles...ect.
    If we would quit our zionist policies and at the same time try to become energy independent the muslim problem would virtually go away

    I am disgusted with Washington period

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    I see a TAX on guns and ammo shoot through the roof in the next 6 months and a complete gun ban by 2010

    I hope I'm wrong
    Are you an NRA one issue voter? I love the NRA, but I'll never be a one issue voter.

    I'm a liberal American from Barak Obama country, and I own guns and don't want them taken away. I was happy with the SCOTUSs recent interpretation of the 2nd amendment that allowed the District of Columbia residents to defend themselves in their homes. I doubt that decision will be overturned soon.

    The gun control issue is dead. There is little correlation between gun control laws and murder rates. The correlation between concealed carry and crime reduction is weak too. I favor concealed carry because it reduces the fear of the unfamiliar or bad neighborhoods, and opens up the economies in those areas.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Four years under a Socialistic regime may be good for us. Let us see what radicals like Obama will attempt to do to this nation.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,508
    Quote Originally Posted by AntiPC View Post
    Are you an NRA one issue voter? I love the NRA, but I'll never be a one issue voter.

    I'm a liberal American from Barak Obama country, and I own guns and don't want them taken away. I was happy with the SCOTUSs recent interpretation of the 2nd amendment that allowed the District of Columbia residents to defend themselves in their homes. I doubt that decision will be overturned soon.

    The gun control issue is dead. There is little correlation between gun control laws and murder rates. The correlation between concealed carry and crime reduction is weak too. I favor concealed carry because it reduces the fear of the unfamiliar or bad neighborhoods, and opens up the economies in those areas.
    Nope, But I am an NRA life member. I firmly believe Barak Obama will lead this nation to ruin as a economic and military leader.

    In my view, Obama has his political training in the Chicago area. One of the most corrupt, socialist political systems in America that is run by Mayor Daley and his socialist cronies. Barak was/is a member of a anti-White anti-American religious sect for OVER 20 years and he will have the American people believe he simply gave up 20 years of anti-white/American indoctrination/idiology in the last 8 months. I don't think so. he is pandering for votes and unfortunately it will probably work

    barak keeps harping on "Change we can believe in"??? has anyone figured out What that change is? I have not heard "the plan" yet? and we are 2½ weeks to the election. Maybe I'm not paying attention, but I'm still a little fuzzy on exactly what the "change" is

    NOW, contrary to what my wife might tell everyone, I'm not as stupid as she thinks. I am under no illusion as to who the next President is going to be. The Palin/Alaska inquiry has pretty much killed off the McCain's run for the Presidency. I don't blame this strictly on Palin. I also blame Karma and poor economic timing. I think McCain would still have a very good shot at the white house had the stock market not tanked in the last 2 weeks.

    None of this is McCain's or even Bush's fault, but Bush at the helm of the boat, so he gets the blame and McCain is perceived to be to close to Bush. Even though McCain has proved he does not run the party line.

    sorry for the long diatribe
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event