Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I just do not want to loose the bindings once the integration gets underway.

You wont if he doesn't change your DSN's have him use the DSN b instead of DSN a if you are that concerned but if he doesn't mess with the domain table you should be fine like I said he's just looking for data and writing to scpts. what is on your LON 581's or just configed controllers?

Both and all VFD drives. Nothing is hardwired everything including lights are on lon trunk. All enable and status of exhaust fans and units are lon. Using lon ribs for fans and all vfd get all data across lon trunk. We are responsible for all bindings to make system operate. Integrator has the supervisory responsibility and ability to override all NVO and send data to all NVI. This is the first job I have done with an integrator and just concerned since Rover will not back up the bindings if something does happen. I am familiar with LNS databases and just trying to get all data to back my request to use Circon integrator over Rover.

Cool

Get your mgr. to supply lonmaker for this job or any other LNS software
    this may not be the last time you will be in this predicament. Rover works great if your the integrator but in this case your not, so you need to play by their rules.

Thanks that is the assurance I have been looking for and just validates what I thought was the case. Seems like the low cost of an LNS program is better than the potential risk.

Rover will generate a bindings report and if you adhere to best practices you will lable the bindings in your TGP and using nl-util to back up your bindings you made with rover. if you don't have nl-util and node util you don't even need to step on a Trane lontalk integration job...NL-util is a cheap download and is the most powerful lontool I know of and every Trane tech I know has it. Node util is FREE get them both b efore attempting this job.

even said if the dsn's dont change nothing will happen to your bindings.

I have node util and experience with it but local office will not purchase nl util or anything since they think Rover is the answer to all lon.

And by the way I am a Trane BAS tech so not all of us have it.

Rover is in my opinion one of the worse LON programs you could use. It is great for service but Trane needs to take controls more serious and get some real LON software and front end.

Dave

TU will be the LNS tool I believe you want to see but it isn't ready yet so it wont help now. Leave an e mail address and I'll name drop a guy in St.Paul that may be able to help you. Let your project manager know you need NL-Util not node util. there is a free version that I believe will let you view the domain table and assign DSN's and view bindings but I don't think you can make the bindings with it or back up the site. I believe the full version is only about $500.00 and it is a very good program our guys in St.Paul actually use it and if you look in the webinar archives the Lon integration one specifically says that this is our preffered integration tool. thats how I justified buying it on the first Lon integration (MP-581 and FX-40's) our office did.

I am working on getting it project manager is ok with but branch is not. Seem to think that Rover is the answer to all lon. You and I know that is not the case and sometimes you need to dig a little deeper into the system than Rover will let you. I am going to have close to 200 bindings on this job and the only answer I get is that if they get blown away so be it. Problem with that is the prints and contracts shows all of these bindings as controls responsibility. Everyone tells me that the JACE will quick learn the system so that is what I am planning on. Of course it does not help when the integrator is not returning any calls to try and set a meeting before hand.

Your contract doesn't really say what to use to make bindings - I think I'd use a LNS tool, make the binds and give them the resultant DB.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast