Trane Intellipak re-start after smoke alarm trip

I have 4 Trane Intellipaks. 2 were installed about 1994, 2 were installed about 1997 (based on serial number).

The 2 newer ones require a manual re-start after smoke alarm trip, the 2 older ones auto re-start. I need to make them a manual re-start. I have looked through the options on all 4 units through th H.I. but see nothing obvious. The manual doesn't give me any info either.

We are using these for cooling only with 2 Trane seperate duct heaters for the older units and 2 Reznor units with the newer ones (we have a dual deck setup for these buildings with perimiter heat).

I need to set these up for manual re-start as well.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Have you checked to see if all 4 units are wired to the Emergency Stop terminals. I beleive they should be wired to Treminals 15-16 on 1TB4. Also, does either unit have a ventilation override module?

Yes, all units are wired through the E-stop circuit on the terminal board. When I open this circuit to test by removing the wire, it does not re-start. But when they do a test on the fire/alarm system, at night, I only have to restart 2 of them in the morning by clearing the alarm. The other 2 are already running and showing no alarm. I am the only HVAC guy here, and no one else knows how to clear these alarms, so it isn't likely someone else is going up to clear them.

I am not sure about the ventilation over-ride. Is that something I can determine by the H.I.? I know that the 2 that I have to manually restart have more options on the H.I. than the two that re-start automatically (I assume because they have newer software).

Quik and easy fix is to wire the fire alarm into the remote enable point instead of the emergency stop point. Same terminal strip just different terminals. Either will shut the unit down but only the emergency stop requires a manual reset and the other doesn't.

If the HI does noy give you a menu selection for a VOM then my guess is that you don not have one. If you check the model # digit 21 will have an "N" if you have a VOM. Do you have an IOM or programming guide for the units and are they CV or VAV units? Is there any BAS system connected to these units? If so whose?
    No doubt the fire marshall wants a manual reset, correct?