Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 37
  1. #1

    JCI MSEA Rumor..is it true?

    Rumor has it, that the Original NAE's dont have enough hardware horsepower to run MSEA 4.xx (if it has enough to run 1.xx is debatable), but anyway is this true? And if true... will existing customers get these replaced free of charge or will these NAE's all of a sudden have unexplainable "lightning strikes"?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    454
    Are you wanting to start a rumor? If you've heard something, back it up. Or are you just being a JCI troll again....

    I've been upgrading NAE's whenever a new version comes out. I've lost track off which ones were "original" version. I have not run into any problems so far.

    If this does turn out to be true, I would expect JCI would do a trade in (not for free).

    Call Dell and tell them your laptop won't run Vista because of hardware limitations. I'm sure they will send a new more powerful box free of charge. Software becomes more powerful, hardware gets left behind. Don't want to upgrade hardware, don't load more powerful software.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by mackinaw View Post
    Are you wanting to start a rumor? If you've heard something, back it up. Or are you just being a JCI troll again....

    I've been upgrading NAE's whenever a new version comes out. I've lost track off which ones were "original" version. I have not run into any problems so far.

    If this does turn out to be true, I would expect JCI would do a trade in (not for free).

    Call Dell and tell them your laptop won't run Vista because of hardware limitations. I'm sure they will send a new more powerful box free of charge. Software becomes more powerful, hardware gets left behind. Don't want to upgrade hardware, don't load more powerful software.
    I have heard from two different sources. Thats why I am asking, but why would I expect a sheeple like you to know anything about it?

    The Dell analogy is fine, however this how it goes with JCI.... the fix to fix the fix is in the fix that this fix fixes...and oh BTW you need a new NAE to fix it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by freddy-b View Post

    The Dell analogy is fine, however this how it goes with JCI.... the fix to fix the fix is in the fix that this fix fixes...and oh BTW you need a new NAE to fix it.
    I will agree on this part. If the customer was sold a feature that doesn't work...the fix should be free.

  5. #5
    If this is true and if 4.x was sold without disclosing the fact that the existing NAE could not handle it. That is wrong. If 4.0 was sold with the premise of fixing something previous. And now BOOM...you need new NAE's as well. see where I am going?

    I sure dont remember a NCM needing replaced for a PMI upgrade? Even the good ole 200's lasted to the end.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by freddy-b View Post
    If this is true and if 4.x was sold without disclosing the fact that the existing NAE could not handle it. That is wrong.
    Agreed, I would cancel my order.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by mackinaw View Post
    Agreed, I would cancel my order.
    But I "Mr Customer" want my intrinsic Alarming as was adverised to work with 1.0....What do we now Mr jci SALESMAN?

    "Well, We can get drunk and grope the strippers!" What do you say Pal?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by freddy-b View Post
    But I "Mr Customer" want my intrinsic Alarming as was adverised to work with 1.0....What do we now Mr jci SALESMAN?

    "Well, We can get drunk and grope the strippers!" What do you say Pal?

    Who needs alarms when we got strippers....take them to Art's (go cheap, we got stockholders to think of).

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NW Ohio
    Posts
    949
    Quote Originally Posted by freddy-b View Post
    Rumor has it, that the Original NAE's dont have enough hardware horsepower to run MSEA 4.xx (if it has enough to run 1.xx is debatable), but anyway is this true? And if true... will existing customers get these replaced free of charge or will these NAE's all of a sudden have unexplainable "lightning strikes"?
    Do you remember this one....4-26-08....related perhaps?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dallas TX
    Posts
    25
    it depends on how old your nae is.....if you have an nae that is running 1.xx then you more than likely couldn't upgrade to the 2.xx revision or even 3.xx........not a scam, just the way the computer world is. you can't run vista on a pc that was bought when win3.1 was out......what is the date code of your nae???? or what is the year of purchase and why do you want to install 4.xxx????

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dallas TX
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by freddy-b View Post
    But I "Mr Customer" want my intrinsic Alarming as was adverised to work with 1.0....What do we now Mr jci SALESMAN?

    "Well, We can get drunk and grope the strippers!" What do you say Pal?
    man you don't like jci do you????

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrl_freak View Post
    it depends on how old your nae is.....if you have an nae that is running 1.xx then you more than likely couldn't upgrade to the 2.xx revision or even 3.xx........not a scam, just the way the computer world is. you can't run vista on a pc that was bought when win3.1 was out......what is the date code of your nae???? or what is the year of purchase and why do you want to install 4.xxx????
    Sure thing...apples and oranges man!

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrl_freak View Post
    man you don't like jci do you????
    I think they are crooks, and the NAE sucks. Other than that they are fine.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event