York Surge Protection

I apologize to anyone reading this in the refrigeration forum - obviously my mistake.
    Is there any way to provide surge protection for a York chiller using the keyless panel. Does the latest eprom contain algorithyms for this protection or is there some type of generic control that can be added to the panel. Thanks for all replies.

Question

I think you need to be more specific, surges are only a by product of machine running out of design, is it a speed drive machine, what is your chilled water setpoint, what is your condenser water setpoint

Is unit a Optiview/Optispeed unit? If so it will map itself and lock out the chiller from running in that condition again in the future unless someone cleared mapping.

Sorry guys, would have thought the "keyless micro" would have distinguished this panel from the optiview panel. It is a single speed compressor, was looking to see if any yorkies know of an eprom upgrade for the keyless panel that provides the same amount of surge protection that is available with the optiview panel. Current eprom number is 031 01431 002

No such EEPROM is available for a fixed speed chiller.
    The newer VSD's with Optiview has a seperate board(ACC Board)that looks for surges & logs them in memory...The required inputs and memory far exceed the capability of any known EEPROM.
    Ain't "None" of us as smart as "All" of us..

Thanks for the reply Richard....... its what I suspected

I say sell them a vsd retrofit, by the way why is it surgeing does it have high tower water temp or low load or??????

I say sell them a vsd retrofit, by the way why is it surgeing does it have high tower water temp or low load or??????

Quote Originally Posted by 9675 View Post
    Combination of both at various times. Customer insists on running 38F water and has had tower issues over the summer at various times.

Quote Originally Posted by hw chiller man View Post
    Customer insists on running 38F water

why does he need it that cold?

Quote Originally Posted by Airmechanical View Post
    why does he need it that cold?

This is an automobile assembly plant. The customer has many issues with how the water is used in his process. All of these issues would require his personnel to repair. It is much easier on his part to say "colder water" than to repair or redesign his proceses.