plate heat exchanger

hey guys,
    I have a plate heat exchanger made by Polaris Thermal Corp. Now the problem: Got a call saying the chiller could not keep up with the process. The chiller made by Katema Heat Transfer Corp says the chiller is not designed to go below a 47 degree return temp. Anyway This Plate heat exchanger had a leak 8 months ago and now there are no more leaks. The maintenance crew fixed but today i found 9 of these plates laying on the ground. So currently there's only 57 plates in with 9 on the ground. Well Polaris says this heat exchanger is no longer made so i cant get gaskets for it. Are there companies out there that could make a reliable gasket?
    M# S15-1S-37
    S# 2029
    It's 9" wide x 31.5" high

Thanks
    Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Try alfa laval, they make hx and I'm woring with them on one right now. I would be careful about capacity in reguards to removing 9 plates. They are usually sized pretty close to the load so you may not make setpoint with 9 missing.

There is a company in south jersey that makes custom gaskets. They used to be in philly, but i cannnot remember their name for the life of me right now. Got it, here you go....http://www.mercergasket.com/

thanks

hey thanks for the leads. I think i will go with the guys from Mercer. They are close and this guy prmised me the world. So we will see how well these new gaskets are.
    Chris

its their main business, they are pretty good at what they do.

If I didn't know any better, I'd swear that was a plate for the Alfa Laval heat exchanger that I just regasketed.
    Gaskets were readily available from Alfa Laval.
    Just a reminder, not every company makes their own stuff, they just apply their name.

plate HX delta T

Is there a general rule a of thumb for plate heat exchangers. Say water to water. Like a chiller is usually 10 delta T unless specified. What kind of delta T would i be looking at. The problem with this job is that no one has info on this system. Manufacture is long gone and all the info that the customer had is long gone also. I probably need our designer to come out and look at the process.

Not really. In general the closer the approach, the larger the plate pack for a given flow rate. If no information is available, you may need to refer to your system pumps and chiller to get an idea of flow rates on the cold side, and then work your warm side to get the delta t you are looking for. You probalby could get someone to approximate that if you had a good relationship, but you should be able to get close by playing.

Here is a manual for a polaris Plate Frame Heat Exchanger on the last page there are phone numbers, and being you have a model and serial number they can tell you how many plates should be installed as well as help you out with the right gaskets...

http://www.bouldenenergy.com/files/polaris-o&m.pdf