Thread: Hanbell

Hanbell

Pro's??

Con's??

Anybody??

All comments welcome.

Thanks!!
    All my leon freaked out!

We retrofitted a Dunham Bush water cooled unit with a rc22 I believe and MCS controls to my knowledge unit running well also seen als unit retrofitted in TX.They seemed happy with it.You are also part of CSG are you not?Also priced pretty well.

Any options available to the customer besides overpriced manufacturers crap is fine by me. Haven't done one yet but would not hesitate to put one in. Unfortunatly I don't see many chillers that small where I could use them. Saw many nice looking retrofits at the CSG meeting. JMHO
    Your poor planning does not constitute an emergency on my part!!!!

there is a compressor company in Dallas using them in custom built chillers. These guys are, in my opinion, the ultimate authority on compressors. I have no experience with this particular compressor, but if they tell me it's good, that is good for me.
    mike

Yes, I am CSG & I too saw some really cool looking retrofits at the DC meeting.

Just thinking about promoting the product so I'm looking for feedback.

For that matter, what about the MCS control units for the chillers? There does not appear to be any surge prevention capabilities for centrifugals but I'm sure the product will evolve.
    All my leon freaked out!

i was suprised that they actually came out and recommended that they should not unload less that 50% capacity for slide valve issues due to low velocity and lubrication...

that starts some major heart burn...

we are looking at some retros now and i would say stick with infinite loading and roll the dice...

not being able to unload less than 50 on a new install is not going to cut it...

of couse if i had a choice i would install a compressor that did not use oil in the first place...

i think we all need to help out and get some project pic's into them to help with the slide show... i was holding my breath thru some of that...

here is a vertical Dunham Bush that we retro'd... see attached...

installed a benshaw soft starter, mcs control panel, all new sensors, vfd on tower fan... liquid line sol with sporlan exv, removed the economizer flash tank... turned out to be a real sweety pie... runs great...

one thing on the mcs... they cycle the condenser water pump for head pressure on startup so on any given start the pump may cycle 10-15 times before the loop warms up... that can play hell on the spider coupling...

on the next one i will be adding a 2nd AO for VFD on condenser water pump...

also i dont see why why you would not use the oil seperator head that they sell in any applicaiton...

that was a good trip... good to see you guys...

cheers!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by chiller rob View Post
    i was suprised that they actually came out and recommended that they should not unload less that 50% capacity for slide valve issues due to low velocity and lubrication...

that starts some major heart burn...

we are looking at some retros now and i would say stick with infinite loading and roll the dice...

not being able to unload less than 50 on a new install is not going to cut it...

of couse if i had a choice i would install a compressor that did not use oil in the first place...

i think we all need to help out and get some project pic's into them to help with the slide show... i was holding my breath thru some of that...

here is a vertical Dunham Bush that we retro'd... see attached...

installed a benshaw soft starter, mcs control panel, all new sensors, vfd on tower fan... liquid line sol with sporlan exv, removed the economizer flash tank... turned out to be a real sweety pie... runs great...

one thing on the mcs... they cycle the condenser water pump for head pressure on startup so on any given start the pump may cycle 10-15 times before the loop warms up... that can play hell on the spider coupling...

on the next one i will be adding a 2nd AO for VFD on condenser water pump...

also i dont see why why you would not use the oil seperator head that they sell in any applicaiton...

that was a good trip... good to see you guys...

cheers!
    A few things I picked up at the "training camp". (which was very good I might add)

The not unloading below 50% was meant to be stated as "no unloading below 50% of FLA", which is rarely 50% of the capacity. And, if you recall, they will let you unload to 40% of the FLA with a MCS controller.

I liked what you & others had to say about Turbocore & the oiless technology. While I still have a few minor concerns as to how truly universally applicable the product is accross the board, I'm sure at the end of the day, it performs well; all things considered.

Not to get off topic here, but for me personally its Turbocore's business plan I have a problem with. And my position on it is not negotiable. I refuse to jump through hoops to do business with anyone, period. In my simple mind its like this: you have a compressor, I have money & I'm qualified, I give you money, you give me compressor.

On the matter of the condenser pump, I've installed drives in that case & I've also used a bypass valve with a small loop for the condenser. A little extra piping is involved, but if you have the room, it beats going through couplings.

I agree with you on the seperator.

BTW, you guys do some excellent work!
    All my leon freaked out!

thanks... chiller mekanik...

i was also thinking of asking you what your opinion was on using liquid line temp as means for ramping vfd retrofits on low pressure centrifs...

a well respected mechanic who we both know has a panel that is doing just that with ti/p1, t2/p2 logic similar to carriers pic II...

his panel works in tandem with the OEM panel but senses liquid temp and intern runs the drive...

his application is primarilly steam driven chillers but the theory is the same no mater how you are turning the compressor...

i remember you had some xpertise in this area and was wondering how you would go about it and try to keep it simple...

feel free not to reveal any serious trade secrets...

the near future project oppertunities for us are on 19DK's...

thanks...