+ Reply to Thread

Thread: iLON e3 Schedule update rate

Post Likes

iLON e3 Schedule update rate

When and how often does the iLON update the points assigned to a schedule. I occasionally have a problem where a controller gets reset and the schedule never updates and another problem where the point randomly goes to a value of -1 (SNVT_switch) where the schedule is supposed to be assigning 100.0 1. I can't find a setting or any information.

Post Likes
    You need to set a heartbeat for it to refresh the value in the controller. I generally use something like 15 mins. (900 secs.) or so. You must only set a heartbeat and not a 'poll'. If you set both it won't work.

Post Likes
    I guess that was pretty obvious, and it works, but it's not that intuitive. The heartbeat you're talking about is the max send time (update heartbeat, as opposed to the max receive time or receive heartbeat) and typically a schedule point is an nvi which is receiving a command from the scheduler, not sending one, hence my confusion. Thanks for clearing that up.

By the way, for the heck of it, I assigned both a poll rate and a max send time and the variable still updated at the heartbeat rate, so it appears you can have both settings at non-zero values.

Correction:
    It seems to work for a while then craps out. Stick with what Dapper says.
    Last edited by ctrlguy; 10-06-2008 at 08:17 PM.

Post Likes

Similar problem, schedule sent/received wrong

I have a similar problem that I have never encountered before. Dapper's answer may be the same, but thought I'd throw it out there.

I have 4 or 5 Distech RTU-L's on a network of like 25 attached to an iLon having a scheduling snafu. While the event scheduler shows for instance 7am-4pm, one of the controllers on that scheduler will turn on at 7am, the other will turn on at 6am, precisely one hour ahead. The other two controllers on another schedule does a similar thing, but one of them turns off an hour later than the schedule dictates. The strangest thing about this is while monitoring the logs I set up for them, I noticed that the nvoOccState of these 5 units is going 'Occupied' and 'Unoccupied' at the scheduled times, but the nviOccCmd which is tied to the scheduler is the point that is not reflecting the Occ/Unocc status change.

I've reset these controllers, re-created the schedules, deleted the data points and re-added them. I can't figure out anything else that would cause this since the Configurable controllers don't have their own timeclock. If the schedule is set up for 4pm and the 'nvi' being used goes Unoccupied at 5pm, how the heck does the OccState go Unoccupied at the correct time?! The 5th unit is strange the other way, the 'nvi' goes Occupied correctly at 7am, but the nvoOccState turns on at 6am. Anyone else seen anything like this?!?

Post Likes
    Have you tried setting a relatively short heartbeat and checking with a protocol analyzer to 'see' the scheduler nvo being sent to the RTU-L? My other question would be, have you actually seen these events occur in real time or are you relying on the trend logs? Maybe the problem is in the trend setup.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in