Thread: bryant system proposal

Post Likes

bryant system proposal

Hello again

So i finally got a quote in a hybrid system. Price not posted, however I would love to hear your criteque and comments, along with any questions that I should ask. Its a proposal with super duct - so I must see what the variable will be if I go with sheetmetal

here it is....

2 Zone Evolution Hybrid Heating and Cooling System

Zone 1 – Entire 1st Floor
    Zone 2 – Entire 2nd Floor

1. Install Two (2) Bryant Evolution Ultra High Efficiency Two Speed Puron 410A Heat Pumps with Two (2) Bryant Evolution Deluxe Variable Speed Gas Furnaces, each equipped with a Air Conditioning Coil, sized to heat loss/gain calculations as follows:

Zone 1 – 95% Efficiency Furnace with 3 Ton Coil and 3 Ton Heat Pump Achieving 15 SEER and 11.5 EER*

Zone 2 – 80% Efficiency Furnace with 2 Ton Coil and 2 Ton Heat Pump Achieving 15 SEER and 11.7 EER**

2. Install Nineteen (19) Outlets
    3. Install Two (2) Bryant Evolution Controls
    4. Install One (1) Condensate Pump with Safety Switch
    5. Install Two (2) Refrigerant Linesets and Charge As Per manufacturer Specifications
    6. Install Venting Only of One (1) Stove, One (1) Dryer and Three (3) Bathrooms
    7. Install All Ductwork. All ductwork to be Super Ductboard
    8. All Grills to be white and Registers to be brown, all from Hart & Cooley
    9. All Low Voltage Connections
    10. Obtain Necessary Permit
    11. Start and Test System

So what sticks out here as not right ( If anything) what should i get clarification on?

any comments appreciated.

thanks again folks

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    Ask that the load calculation be AACA ,Man J or equal,and that the ducts be be sized per ACCA's Man D.

Post Likes
    Need exact model numbers of heat pump condenser, matching indoor coil, and furnace.

Why are there astericks next to the word EER? Are those the actual performance numbers or general numbers?

Need thermostat to handle all those bells and whistles.

10 year PARTS AND LABOR warranty included? I would get it for such a high-end system.

2 stage heat pump condensers sound like overkill for Upstate NY.

Good luck.

Post Likes
    No mention of return air?

Post Likes
    Can you clarify why they are proposing a 90+ for the first floor and an 80 for the second?

I second the "where's the returns?"

To gary_g.... the evolution controls are the "thermostat"

I agree with getting a quote on 10 year parts and labor warranties to cover the entire system(s) and then very seriously think about purchasing them.
    Use the biggest hammer you like, pounding a square peg into a round hole does not equal a proper fit.

Post Likes
    My guess for why the 80% is quoted for upstairs is because less heat would, in theory, be used upstairs since some heat from downstairs would rise to the upstairs.

Post Likes
    The 80% is used in the attic so they don't have any fear of condensate water freezing the dead of winter. Those are not fun service calls, especially on a brand new system.

I would want ARI Certificates before the equipment is installed. Are you intending to seek any rebates or Bryant incentives? If so, be sure all the equipment meets the necessary specs. Rebate forms should be on-line. Bryant forms from your dealer.

2-Stage HP's are a good product, even up north. These are Hybrid Heat sytems so there's no need to run the HP on 2nd stage when it's relatively mild. Mines on 1st stage running right now and it's very comfortable. Slower blower, higher efficiency. It also has superior moisture removal in the AC mode come summer. 2-stage is a comfort thing far more than a 'how soon do I break even on the investment' thing.

I agree with others. Manual 'J' is a must, Manual 'D' also and for that matter, Manual 'S' for equipment selection. It should specify return air in each bedroom as well as adequate return air for both/each system zones.
    If YOU want change, YOU have to first change.

If you are waiting for the 'other guy' to change first, just remember, you're the 'other guy's' other guy. To continue to expect real change when you keep acting the same way as always, is folly. Won't happen. Real change will only happen when a majority of the people change the way they vote!

Post Likes
    Gary - I will post the model numbers when i get them once i meet to discuss with HVAC guy. The astericks just denote the rebate available from bryant. ( one unit give 1100 and the other 1000)

The warranty quoted is as follows

Bryant Evolution Heat Pumps Warranty: 10 Year Compressor Warranty and Five Years on Parts.

Bryant Evolution Gas Furnaces Warranty: Zone 1 – Lifetime Heat Exchanger Warranty and Five Years on Parts. Zone 2 – 20 Year Heat Exchanger Warranty and Five Years on Parts.

They do not mention a warrenty on labor - is this normal?

Each HVAC guy i have spoken to whether forced air or Hydronic, all quote a central return on each floor. Reason is that my area is not terribly big? does this make sense. ?

Skipdover - you are correct with the reasoning of the 80% upstairs - I guess my HVAC guy was right on that. One question - what ARI certification do i need to see ( what is that for - ?)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in