evaporator coating for a grape storage walk-in cooler

I just came from examining a walk-in cooler where lots and lots of grapes are stored. The evaporators are about 10 years old and all of them are in pretty bad shape. Most of the damage comes from some kind of corrosion which is eating up the fins and frames. Do you know of any kind of coating which could be specified for the next set of evaporators in order to counter this grape induced corrosion? Thank you.

All the coil manufactures should have an anti corrosion coating as an option when ordering the new coils. We have problems with the deli and bakery coolers.

Quote Originally Posted by jwc64 View Post
    All the coil manufactures should have an anti corrosion coating as an option when ordering the new coils. We have problems with the deli and bakery coolers.
    ditto there.....especially when the cooler is holding bleach enriched flour.

It will eat the absolute piss outta the coil. And when its not a coated coil, theres absolutely nothing you can do other than sell em a new one. No sense in cleaning it, cause it just makes it worse. Might as well save yourself the time and your customer the money and just replace the coils with coated ones.

Pay me now or Pay me later. Remember "Pay me now" option will not cover return visits due to the neglegence and condition of said equipment.
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Quote Originally Posted by jwc64 View Post
    What's with this we crap you don't work.LOL
    even with a coating the evap will go to he!! over time but I think it's worth
    it.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

Quote Originally Posted by crackertech View Post
    What's with this we crap you don't work.LOLeven with a coating the evap will go to he!! over time but I think it's worth
    it.
    I'm not sure what you mean.