+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Points bouncing on Honeywell Spyder

Post Likes

Confused Points bouncing on Honeywell Spyder

I am new to Niagara AX as of 6 months (certified) and until a few weeks ago never worked with Honeywell Spyder. I was sent to replace a Distech JACE with Honeywell Spyder unitary's and VAV controllers attached that was blown out from a direct building lightning strike. I struggled through getting it all going and all is well now except one of the 6 Honeywell plant controllers, PUL6438S has about 6 points on it that go from normal readings to crazy numbers. Static bounces from 1.4 straight to 49, then a minute or so back to normal. DAT from normal to 17 degf, then back again a minute or so later. First I cycled power on the controller, no change. So I re-commissioned the controller and did a rebinding on the lon points that showed new links. No change, the points still bounce around. This is the only controller with any issues and not all the points in the controller do this. Some of the points that are bouncing are AI's, some are DI's. Any ideas? Does it sound like a bad PUL6438S controller? Also, the scope of our work is done after replacing the JACE if it is a bad controller, but if something I missed checking then not finished. If it is a bad controller, can I use my Distech EC-NET-AX to download the controller then upload to the new one? ( a new job) I have all the Honeywell modules on my laptop that were required to install the new JACE.

Post Likes
    Download the controller file from a good controller into the one that is going nuts and see it the readings stop bouncing and visa versa but it is probably the firmware in the one controller.
    If you can't fix it with JB Weld, Duct Tape, and Ty Wire it has to be replaced.
    No good deed goes unpunished.
    If you want to take off friday to go fishing then make sure you train your helper right.

3. Likes Fan Curve liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Possible duplicate node numbers on the network.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chadtech View Post
    Possible duplicate node numbers on the network.
    Sounds like he only replaced the EC-BOS.
    If you can't fix it with JB Weld, Duct Tape, and Ty Wire it has to be replaced.
    No good deed goes unpunished.
    If you want to take off friday to go fishing then make sure you train your helper right.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in