Thread: SVGz Graphics

SVGz Graphics

Is Adobe cs better at creating svg graphics for a NAE then Visio?

Most any app is better...

We've been developing NAE grfx for a few years now, & I think Visio is a major waste of time. If you want a flow chart, it's the best app in the world; if you want to develop any sort of graphical image, save yourself the agony and use another app. The only thing is, to get MSEA to 'see' a svg/-z graphic, it must be exported from Visio.

My work-around: Make your drwgs in any app you please (CAD, Adobe, whatever)...export as *.wmf...import the *.wmf to Visio...save Visio file as svg/-z. This way you can make your displays faster/easier with your favorite app, and by exporting from Visio the NAE will 'understand' the svg/-z file.

I've tried saving as svg/-z from a number of apps, and have had no success.

I too like using adobe and others then move to visio to do the save as svgz
    works great for me

-V-

I always though they used Paint. or possibly even these.........

Quote Originally Posted by freddy-b View Post
    I always though they used Paint. or possibly even these.........

The Big Box of 96.....who was talking about the MSEA Advanced Graphics package?

Sorry NINAX..What was I thinking?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by freddy-b; 10-04-2008 at 07:22 PM.

Has anybody managed to import an animated gif? or is that like trying to launch missiles with a rubber band?

Quote Originally Posted by Graphics Guru View Post
    The only thing is, to get MSEA to 'see' a svg/-z graphic, it must be exported from Visio.

My work-around: Make your drwgs in any app you please (CAD, Adobe, whatever)...export as *.wmf...import the *.wmf to Visio...save Visio file as svg/-z. This way you can make your displays faster/easier with your favorite app, and by exporting from Visio the NAE will 'understand' the svg/-z file.

I've tried saving as svg/-z from a number of apps, and have had no success.
    I have used Adobe CS extensively to generate floor plan and system svgz graphics for MSEA - but have never gone back through Visio to make the 'usable'. The backgrounds are simply imported direct.

We compared the memory usage between JPG and SVG drawings and found the JPG to use less then 1/2 the memory for the same image. Ever since have been using GIMP to edit backgrounds and save them in jpg format. Not an issue on the ADS, but the speed to display a graphic from the NAE is much faster with the JPG. The NAE/ADS graphics package was and still is a major disappointment.