Andover at its best

Ok, so I am a certified Andover ACE Infinity Programmer and a BIG fan of the old 256 and AC8 line of Andover which has not been manufactured for several years now. I have a collection of salvaged controllers that survivied the years, but....

I lost ALL my collection of Drum programming literature for the 256 line in the hurricanes in Houston (along with all my boots, appliances, tools, etc, etc, etc...)

Would any of you guys be willing to share, sell me, or duplicate what you may have in your archives? I occasionally service a customer that still has these old workhorses running, albeit as glorified timeclocks. I can still find my way around the controllers but the old grey matter seems to be leaking out with the grey hair, and I would like to refresh the cobwebs.

Anybody willing to share? Help a old guy out?

Sorry to hear that - if I had them I would share. Anyway best of luck locating what you need.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    http://threedevilskennel.com/ - not my website.
    Versatile Hunting Dog Federation - www.vhdf.org/

Can you go back to Andover and get the info. We have three versions of the system at my place of employment. I do not enjoy the 256

Old Andover Manuals are on paper

I agree the AC256 stuff was damn tuff. I still have all the manuals and still service sites with them. I'd be glad to help answer any questions. But if you want the manuals your welcome to come over and copy yourself into a coma.

I'll check the web site for pdf files. but don't count on it.

Quote Originally Posted by chillersandcontrols View Post
    I lost ALL my collection of Drum programming literature for the 256 line in the hurricanes in Houston (along with all my boots, appliances, tools, etc, etc, etc...)
    God, I wish I could forget this stuff!

My favorite code was using mixed mode math on an action line to get faster response times, and not have to jump from line to line.

1A (OCC_CMD*4000) > FAN_OUT

If you send a value great the 1999 to an output, the output just stays on. Pretty sure it was a bug that never got fixed.

Might have some grease for the drums I can sell you!

Thanks for the responses Guys!

AutoPilot, let me know how you want to do the copy thing. I'll get a Kinkos gift card for you or whatever.

All the Andover on-line seems to have been moved to the old CSI site in Dallas, and I don't know any of the current management there and the website is broken again.

Have you tried the Andover users group on Yahoo?

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/andover-controls/

kontrol out
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Open protocols? You can't handle open protocols!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

I know these posts are old, but I've been programming 256 stuff for about 20 years and still have at it regularly.

Chillersandcontrols, I have the manuals in pdf format if you want them. Send me an email to cgonz96572 at aol.com and i can email them to you. I might need your help in the future as well.
    Last edited by Senior Tech; 05-30-2009 at 08:00 AM.

seadoo1a, put your email in your profile (not in a post).
    A Moderator may remove it from the post.

candc, I have some of the late 80's early 90's stuff in hard copy. I can scan it but it may be a while before I can get to it . Is your email in your profile ? if not please put it there.
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !

All opinions expressed are my own. Any advice provided is based on personal experience, generally accepted fact or publicly available information. As such, it is worth exactly what you paid for it, not a penny more not a penny less !!

Sorry about that. I wont do it again. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seadoo1a View Post
    Sorry about that. I wont do it again. Thanks
    Thanks for not doing this again and thanks for reading the rest the rules

Chris (CFC)

Andover AC information

Quote Originally Posted by seadoo1a View Post
    Chillersandcontrols, I have the manuals in pdf format if you want them. Send me an email to cgonz96572 at aol.com and i can email them to you. I might need your help in the future as well.

Any chance of a copy of these aswell, I have got a few AC8 and AC256 controllers on projects and as spares, which I have often wanted to become more knowledgeable about - but could never find anything on the web for.
    I have a friend who worked for Andover UK for 10+ years and even he has no knowledge of them!

Many thanks, Jim.