Simon says no touching your phone

California has expanded their anti-cell phone law to include receiving a ticket if you are seen even touching your phone.

Serious question #1) How much prison time do you think should be handed out for using a cell phone while driving?

unless you are ready to hand out prison time for using a cell phone while driving, the government has no authority to pass a law like this.

i don't see a problem with a state handing out a fine instead of jail time for breaking a law,
    but i DO see a problem a state handing out tickets just for the sake of collecting money.

the way this country was originally created, the government had NO AUTHORITY to do anything to you unless a jury of 12 citizens agreed you broke a pre existing law and you were a major threat to society.

this BS about putting money in an envelope and mailing it to the government is some corrupt crap they invented.

you want to lock up people with murderers for using their cell phone while they were driving?
    keeping in mind that a cell phone is a cell phone and an accident is an accident, you or the government have no way of predicting who would crash and who wouldn't

no matter how many tickets are handed out, the government can not protect you from an accident.

Serious question #2) What do you think Thomas Jefferson would have said if someone told him to send the state money if he got caught reading or writing a note while riding a horse?
    Do you really believe this is what the founders had in mind when they fought for limited government and a free society?

this nanny state BS has to come to an end.
    we can not continue to allow America to fall into totalitarian government.

all these a$$holes do is sit in office and pass laws against the public.

As long as the people keep electing these money/power hungry nannies, they will continue to get the gov't they deserve.
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

[QUOTE=wolfstrike;2005451]California has expanded their anti-cell phone law to include receiving a ticket if you are seen even touching your phone./QUOTE]

The rights question aside, this actually makes a ton more sense than the hands free bills, where you just have to use a headset. Scrolling through a phone book or just dialing the phone is twice as hard to do while driving then holding it to your ear.

I love technology like traffic cameras and recording devices, even a camera aimed at the driver tied to a black box that is tamper proof. That stuff would all be great in my book! I hate how it is currently sold and used though.

I just cancelled one of my cell phones. All it does is make noise and bother
    ps
    I nicknamed it W

I just cancelled one of my cell phones. All it does is make noise and bother me
    ps
    I nicknamed it W