modulating mixing valve wiring

I would like to install a three way modulating valve, thisvalve was sold by Dwyer Instruments , with a brand name of W.E.Anderson, model 3zv20324. It has a 24volt motor that required a separate 110 to 24 transformer... this valve has three wires (1) the motor lead 24 v ;this connects to the transformer . (2) control lead that connects to the + terminal on the controller. the controller provide the power dc for 4 to 20 mA control circuit. (3) a common.. now this common I am connecting to both the other terminal of the 24v ac transformerand also the - terminal on the controller. I will include this diagram: the problem is it does not work.. the control is another Dwyer product: Love Control 16a3151. Name:  3way.jpg
Views: 830
Size:  31.1 KBDoes this wiring seem correct?

Question

If you have a valve that uses 2-10VDC, then you will need a 500 ohm resistor across the 4-20 mA.

If the Love control is anything like the Partlows I once had a herd of, there is a lot of configuration that has to happen before the controller will do anything. Things like input and output configuration,
    all the PID process tuning stuff, and so on.

Lay it all out on the bench and figure it out. Hope you have the book for the controller.
    Last edited by Randy S.; 09-28-2008 at 11:40 PM.
    God Bless our Veterans

God Bless the USA

Is the valve a 3 wire floating point type, or a four wire proportional?
    God Bless our Veterans

God Bless the USA

It is modulating

I also think it may need more programing .. The area that mainly concerns me is the common wire coming from the valve , I have it completing the 24ac path back to the transformer , and also teeing off to return to the - side of 4 to 20 mA terminal on the process control. I don't know if this is correct. It is all connected now , no maximum smoke yet. I will check programing , I do have the book for that ... THANKS !!

Is that the way the manual tells you to hook it up?

Without any factory manual or wiring diagrams, it's hard to help.

Try reading the current in the 4-20 to see if it's doing anything, or just put a 500 ohm resistor on the open ends of the 4-20 at the actuator end, and see it you can get the out put to do what you want it to do.
    God Bless our Veterans

God Bless the USA