Food from Ireland.

I'm back form a great vacation in the Emerald Island.

We ate and drank a lot!!!. Food is expensive. Resturarants are great. The waitspeople are very robotic. They don't speak unless spoken to. Friendly but very professional. Tipping is not expected. But a 10 % tip is very much appreciated. The portions are large.

We cooked a lot of meals in our house which had a pretty well equipped kitchen. The super markets are as well stocked as in the US but a lot of different things you won't see here. Very little chicken. But a lot of pork and beef. Very lean. (I had to add a little oil to the pan to cook sauage !)

It was a special holiday and the old woman at the local pub cooked mutton pies. Was that ever fantastic. After the 2 crusted meat pie is cooked it is allowed to cool to room temperature. When it is served the cooled pie is put in a bowl of hot lamb broth. hmmmmmm.

Here is a meal you wouldn't expect to find. We had these in a pub called the Seven Hogs which overlooked the Bay of Tralee.

My favorite meal was Mutton Stew. I still remember eating it. Da-uuuuum it was good. That night I got the worst case of food poisoning. It was good-and bad.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Quote Originally Posted by spotts View Post
    My favorite meal was Mutton Stew. That night I got the worst case of food poisoning. It was good-and bad.
    I guess you weren't counting sheep that night !!

Quote Originally Posted by benncool View Post
    I guess you weren't counting sheep that night !!

Jack ..... counting sheep ??????? I saw some aweful tall boots in his garage.
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

Quote Originally Posted by jpb2 View Post
    Jack ..... counting sheep ??????? I saw some aweful tall boots in his garage.
    Honest Ossifer, I'm just trying to push er through the fence!
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Did you try the black & white pudding ?

I would love to travel there. Maybe when I'm an old codger my wish will come true. Any other cool pictures of the country ??

Quote Originally Posted by mattm View Post
    I would love to travel there. Maybe when I'm an old codger my wish will come true. Any other cool pictures of the country ??
    Matt, I posted these over on the other channel. Maybe you missed them.

http://www.*************.com/showthr...ctures+Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by ncboston View Post
    Did you try the black & white pudding ?
    No. I never heard of that. I drank black & tans. What is black & white pudding?

Quote Originally Posted by benncool View Post
    Matt, I posted these over on the other channel. Maybe you missed them.

http://www.*************.com/showthr...ctures+Ireland

No. I never heard of that. I drank black & tans. What is black & white pudding?
    Looks like sausage links, but is actually sheep's blood flavored with spices. When I tried it I kind of looked like Tom Hanks in the movie BIG ( if you remember the face he made).

Hey ncboston, If you want to try great b and w pudding go to The Classic Cafe on mass ave in Arlington and order the irish breakfast. A truly geat meal.

Living in NC now. Originally from Southie and Dorchester. Wife's from Quincy. Ordered the Irish Breakfast @ a place down the Cape - The Irish Village. Excellent entertainment, beer, and awesome food. Check it out if you ever get a chance. You will not be disappointed.

Smile

I recommend the Irish grain products.

Matt Michel
    Service Roundtable
    www.serviceroundtable.com