Fx40 limiting permissions?

Hi all
    I have a site where the chillers are contracted to one vendor and the rest of the HVAC equipment is to another vendor.
    My problems are as follows
    The customer wants the chiller vendor to have full read write over the graphic pages for the chillers but not to the nav bar or any thing else in the system.
    I am thinking that the easiest way would be to make a custom set of graphics for the chiller vendor but I need a way to turn off the nav for that user.
    Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Thanks
    Kevin

Build the chiller vendor's user profile as a BasicWbProfile, not a DefaultWbProfile, and all they will see is the graphic page to which you direct them upon login. You'll need to set them up with their own nav file, but it's quick to set up.
    If you build the Px page with no further navigation, they won't get anywhere you don't want them to.
    You may want to duplicate the chiller page (that includes navigation) that would be used by your end-user, but simply remove any unwanted navigation links.
    Last edited by davem; 10-01-2008 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Added a step...

Quote Originally Posted by davem View Post
    Build the chiller vendor's user profile as a BasicWbProfile, not a DefaultWbProfile, and all they will see is the graphic page to which you direct them upon login. You'll need to set them up with their own nav file, but it's quick to set up.
    If you build the Px page with no further navigation, they won't get anywhere you don't want them to.
    You may want to duplicate the chiller page (that includes navigation) that would be used by your end-user, but simply remove any unwanted navigation links.
    Thanks Dave
    I did the NAV but not the profile
    I will give it a go
    Thanks
    Kevin